Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
What is Gateshead parkrun?
A free, fun, and friendly weekly 5k community event. Walk, jog, run, volunteer or spectate – it's up to you!
When is it?
Every Saturday at 9:00am.
Where is it?
The event takes place at Saltwell Park, Gateshead. See Course page for more details.
What does it cost to join in?
Nothing - it's free! but please register before you first come along. Only ever register with parkrun once. Don't forget to bring a printed copy of your barcode (request a reminder). If you forget it, you won't get a time
How fast do I have to be?
We all take part for our own enjoyment. Please come along and join in whatever your pace!
Gateshead parkrun needs you!
It is entirely organised by volunteers - email firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at the Saltwell Towers Cafe behind petsâ?™ corner - please come and join us.
Thanks to this week's volunteers
Alexander TALBOT-JONES • Bill WILSON • Claire LLOYD • Clare TALBOT-JONES • Colin MC DOUGALL • Dave BROWN • Dave CANDLISH • Getsy Malar Mannan - • Graham Joseph HARRISON • Graham MCMULLEN • Hilary SHAW • Jacqueline CANDLISH • James Edward SHAW • James GREY • Karen BROWN • Karen CUTLER • Laura TINDAL • Lily STAVERS • Michael FORREST • Nicola STAVERS • Philip ASKEW • Rebecca WINDSOR • Sarah WHITE • Sean HOBSON • Sharon HARRISON • Sue O'DONOVAN
See our volunteer page for details on getting involved in making Gateshead parkrun happen.
Gateshead parkrun takes place every Saturday at 9:00am.
Other parkruns nearbyWindy Nook (1.6m), Leazes (2.4m), Town Moor (2.8m), Jesmond Dene (3.3m), Rising Sun (5.9m), Riverside (6.5m), Herrington Country (6.9m), South Shields (8.5m), Silksworth (8.7m), Whitley Bay (9.4m)
- We operate a No barcode, No result policy, so please bring a physical barcode with you.
- Barcodes on mobile phones and other electronic devices will not be accepted.
- If you need to reprint your barcode, please see your registration email, previous results or ‘thanks for volunteering’ email or you can request a reminder email.
- Coming along for the first time? Please make sure you have registered and also read the course description.
- Did you take part this week? Check out the results page and news page which includes event reports - we normally update these a day or two after the event.
- Not received your results email? It may be in your spam folder. We've a few tips on our support site to help you.
- You look great! Have a look at the event photos.
- Want to know more? Read about us and the event.
- Our links page connects you to local and national running resources.
- This event is run by volunteers who love running; if you want to join us, find out more on our volunteering page.
- Summary event statistics are at the bottom of every page.
- Any other questions? Read our dedicated support site.