As we look forward to welcoming you back to parkrun on Saturday we thought we would tell you a bit more about the measures we are taking to protect our participants and volunteers.
- We ask that you please do not attend if you are feeling unwell.
- Please register and bring along your barcode, this will help to facilitate contact tracing if required.
- Once arrived, please respect others’ personal space.
- We will be calling you forward for a short briefing and starting on time at 9am, to reduce the amount of time you spend in close proximity to others.
- We are unable to store or collect your personal belongings, so there will be no tarpaulin. Please make alternative arrangements for your personal items.
- We ask participants to seed themselves, speedier runners to the front and slower runners and walkers towards the back. Use all available space.
- Please absolutely no spitting, no high fives or other unnecessary contact.
- Parents to observe the under 11’s rule and keep children within arm’s length at all times.
- Please keep moving through the Finish Funnel and take your finish token promptly to avoid crowding the area.
- Scanning of finish tokens and personal barcodes will be contactless and at a distance, using the Virtual Volunteer App.
- We will have extra scanning volunteers on duty to reduce the time you spend in close proximity to others.
- Please hold out your barcode and finish token for scanning and then place your finish token into one of the green buckets. They look like this:
- Finish tokens, as well as volunteer bibs and lanyards will be washed each week.
- We can still give you a shout out to mark your special parkrun milestone and the milestone capes will be available (and freshly laundered) each week.
Feeling a bit overwhelmed by all this Parkie? Don’t worry, we can still have fun while staying safe! See you on Saturday.