The following is a statement from parkrun UK
"Our vision is that 100% of our 5k events have a defibrillator either at the finish line or within 5 minutes of the finish line by the end of 2017"
Why do parkrun want this? Because defibrillators save lives.
Evidence of that can be seen by following the link below to an article in the Yorkshire Evening Post.
Many parkruns already have access to a defibrillator or are currently raising funds in order to purhase one.
We at Hackworth parkrun would like to purchase a defib unit as soon as possible and are currently looking at sources of funding that will allow us to do so.
In many cases, potential funding may be easier to access if we can demonstrate that we are also raising money ourselves, this is called "Match Funding"
If you would like to help us raise money in order to purchase a Defibrillator then please follow the instructions below,
How do I donate?
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
1. Visit the Hackworth parkrun About Us page: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/hackworth/aboutus/
2. Click the "Donate to parkrun" box, which will take you to the Paypal site.
3. Enter the amount of your donation, then enter your address and the other details requested before submitting the form.
4. This will take you to a confirmation screen. Under the summary line, be sure to click "Add special instructions" or "Send a note to seller"
5. Enter "Hackworth parkrun AED fund" in the special instruction field to indicate that this donation is specifically for our Defibrillator effort. parkrun UK will then exempt donations marked as such from the usual 15% contribution to the new event fund.
6. Review the rest of the details, and click 'Donate' at the bottom of the form if you're happy.
7. parkrun UK will process your donations within a week or so, and send you a confirmation. Note that the confirmation email will still refer to the 15% contribution to the new event fund but this will not apply.
Please help Hackworth parkrun to achieve its goal as soon as possible, your donation could help to save a life.
Neil & Diane Wood,