It's been a gorgeous Easter weekend which meant this morning saw ideal running conditions for our 58 juniors who ran brilliantly and then got to enjoy the lovely treats our Easter bunny dropped off for us. Thank you to the Smith family - and happy birthday for last week Blossom.
We were really pleased to make some new running friends today - a very warm welcome to Sophie Spry, Hannah Cunnington and Molly Docherty - excellent efforts from all of you for your first 2K.
We are also thrilled to have seen a totally astonishing 23 PBs - it's been a staggering few weeks for the number of you getting these consistently and we are beyond impressed at your continuing improvement. There are some really lovely stories to highlight through these this week too:
- Olivia Forrest is our new JW10 course record holder having taken 13 seconds off her PB and finishing just 5 seconds behind our lead runner Findlay McLaren.
- Tommy Patten who matched his old - long held (Oct 18) - PB just a couple of weeks ago finally beat it in style with 12 seconds taken off today. Having been running with us since 2014 when he used to "help" the tail walker - it's lovely to see the improvement and consistency he now shows.
- Samuel Burdett - our most frequent Harrow Lodge junior parkrunner used his 194th appearance to get his new PB knocking 2 seconds off his Oct 18 time.
- Summer Smith - took her 7th PB this year - she is simply unstoppable!
- Orla Friel - back with us for the first time since 2017 she returned with a considerable 1min 14 seconds of her previous best time! Lovely to have you back!
- Reece Riley - some great consistency and a keenness for 7th place saw 3 seconds cut from his PB
- Isabel Forrest - 80 Harrow Lodge junior runs now and another 9 seconds off her best time.
- Nicky Mulholland - another returnee runner who beat a 2016 PB by 1min 12 seconds!
- Nicole Hawkins - first timer last week and new PB this one - 28 seconds off
- Aidan Raison - Aidan has run with us 81 times since his last PB in July 2016 - today he did an amazing job and took 6 seconds off that time.
- Rhian Phillips - 4 PBs in 4 weeks - another 8 seconds today
- Patrick Kilgannon - followed up last weeks PB by taking another 40 seconds off this week! Wow
- Jensen Hope - another one showing consistency with 2 PBs from his last 2 runs with us.. 7 more seconds today
- Joshua Spry - Its been almost exactly a year since Joshua last ran with us - so pleasing to see his return came with a brilliant 2mins 31 seconds off his old PB
- Matthew Ley - Another one beating an Oct 18 PB - 3 crucial seconds for Matthew - well done!
- Bethany Friel - 2 years since she last joined us but an amazing 2 mins 9 seconds quicker.
- Charlie Nugent - Another first timer last week, returning to beat their time by 2mins 15 seconds
- Zoe Hunter - Regular running over the last few weeks has led to 22 seconds improvement today
- Heath Baker - 3 PBs in 4 weeks and another 30 seconds off
- Isla Smith - Another of our runners with 2 PBs in her 2 most recent runs - well done on another 1 minute and 41 seconds off your best time
- Isla Duke - her last run with us saw a 40 second PB! A super effort
- Blossom Smith - who wanted to prove her mum was faster than her grandma - 2 minutes 10 seconds quicker in fact (at least when it comes to accompanying Blossom round our course anyway!)
- Evelyn Raison - beating her September 18 time by 1 minute and 25 seconds - excellent running!
Well done again to all of you - we think you are amazing and love that your enjoyment of running is also seeing you improve your times as well.
Finally - thanks to our wonderful volunteers - looking lovely in purple today with a good reminder that anyone who volunteers at any parkrun event 25 times can get a free volunteer t-shirt. Its a brilliant club to be part of so please do let us know if we can help you on your way to your t-shirt by volunteering with us soon!