The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Henley Wood, Oswestry. The course is run on a mixture of gravel paths, trail paths and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Henley Wood parkrun, Oswestry is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Henley Wood parkrun, Oswestry is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Henley Wood, Oswestry. The course is two laps run on a mixture of gravel paths, trail paths and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain, during such conditions trail shoes are recommended. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Toilets available at Whole Life Christian Centre and Eastern Oswestry Community Centre.
Location of start
The event starts at Henley Wood.
Getting there by public transport
Bus: Arriva no 53 bus from Rowen Close Gobowen to New Park junction, stop is a short walk from Harlech Road. From Oswestry bus station Arriva No 53 bus to New Park Junction.
Train: The nearest railway station is Gobowen 2.2 miles.
Getting there on foot
Entering Harlech Road from the Whittington Road. Take the left turn towards Henley Wood.
Travelling from Cabin Lane turn into Henley Drive.
Footpath from Unicorn Road Park through to Henley Wood.
Entry also available via Middleton Lane.
Getting there by road
SATNAV SY11 2LQ
From the A5 northbound at the Whittington roundabout take the 1st left or A5 southbound take the 3rd right on to B4580, Whittington Road. Take the first left on to Harlech Road by Furrows car showroom. At the next roundabout take the 2nd exit for parking. The course is a short walk along Cabin Lane to Henley Drive.
Limited parking available at Cabin Lane Church, Whole Life Christian Centre, and Eastern Oswestry Community Centre. Please take a look at the map on our webpage
and only park in the green areas.
Do not park at the One Stop Shop. They are going to be putting up signs in their car park stating that parking is only allowed for their customers for a max of approx. 15mins. Cars parking longer than this may be liable for prosecution.
On street parking is also available along a number of local roads please take care not to block any of our neighbours driveways.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in Cabin Lane Church, Whole Life Christian Centre, SY11 2LQ - please come and join us!