If a picture paints a thousand words, then a lot of pictures paints…an awful lot of words! Thanks to Suzanne, Oscar and Adam who were our photographers on Sunday, we will be making an album of birthday photos from our 4th birthday event which you can browse at your leisure on Facebook, but for now, here are some highlights from this week’s run.
We started bright and early, hanging bunting and balloons to set the scene.
For fun, we ran the course in reverse today. This meant going down the big hill, rather than up it…
…and then up the deceptively long gradual hill!
Jacqueline’s cake was extremely popular, as were the other treats brought along by Clare and Amanda.
Fun birthday facts:
• Children who were only just born when we started in 2015 are now old enough to register for a parkrun barcode.
• Three children - Barnaby, Rufus and Joseph - ran today and were also at our very first event. Eloise was also at the first event but was too young to run at the time. She had a great time running today. And Silas, who ran in the first event, was volunteering today.
• We had 147 runners for our 4th birthday, which is a lot, but still not quite matching our record of 169 which was set on our 3rd birthday last year.
• 20,235 runs have been completed at our event over the years.
• The total distance that has been run is 40,470km.
• Between you, you have spent 186 days, 23 hours, 8 minutes and 35 seconds running at Hilly Fields junior parkrun.
We have lots more photos to share with you later in the week. Make sure you are following us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or all three, so that you don't miss anything.