KGVPF parkrun invites everyone to join us for our 2nd virtual cafe!
July 4th 2020 at 10:00 AM
Enjoy tea or coffee, bacon bap or cake in the company of your fellow parkrunners.
Topic: KGVPF all comers Zoom
Time: Jul 4, 2020 10:00 AM London
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84391214293
Meeting ID: 843 9121 4293
Well done to our select group of runners who got out and let us know about their5km this weekend. I’m sure there were others so by all means comment here.
We can look to make this a regular thing if there is enough interest and it’d help people’s motivation. The parkrun website now allows you to submit (not) parkrun times so by all means do this in future weeks and we’ll keep tracking it:
Submit results here: https://www.parkrun.com/profile/notparkrun
View results here: https://www.parkrun.org.uk/kinggeorgevplayingfield/results/notparkrun/
Until next week, look after yourselves and keeeepppp jogging!
We’re posting this weekend’s challenge early to give everyone chance to get out and get ingredients...
We all get up for 9am on a Saturday partly for the love of running but mainly for the love of cake! Since we started KGV parkrun the wonderful Cheltenham Saracens RFC have found storage for our kit and hosted us for post run tea and cake. Frankly, without their support our parkrun wouldn’t be what it is (or at least was before lockdown!). This challenge is homage to the wonderful cakes that Sally makes for us each and every week as we know you’re all getting withdrawal symptoms!
So why not give this Lemon Drizzle a go and post pictures of your attempts on our Facebook page?!
Alternatively, due to the popularity of Sally’s cakes, she’s started selling cakes online, all in support of the Sarries. So if you don’t have time to try and make the lemon drizzle, or you need more cake in your life (and frankly, we all do right now) then check out her website and Facebook pages.
225g unsalted butter, softened
225g caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
finely grated zest 1 lemon
For the drizzle topping:
juice 1½ lemons
85g caster sugar
1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
2. Beat together the butter and caster sugar until pale and creamy, then add the eggs, one at a time, slowly mixing through.
3. Sift in the self-raising flour, then add the finely grated zest of 1 lemon and mix until well combined.
4. Line a loaf tin (8 x 21cm) with greaseproof paper, then spoon in the mixture and level the top with a spoon.
5. Bake for 45-50 mins until a thin skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
6. As the cake cools in its tin, mix together the juice of 1 ½ lemons and 85g caster sugar to make the drizzle.
7. Prick the warm cake all over with a skewer or fork, then pour over the drizzle – the juice will sink in and the sugar will form a lovely, crisp topping.
8. Leave in the tin until completely cool, then remove and serve.
It was great to see some friendly faces at our Virtual Cafe this morning. We hope that those of you that couldn’t join us are keeping well. We’ll get another virtual cafe in the diary shortly!
We’re looking forward to seeing you all in person again as soon as we can. But, in the mean time, keep not-parkrunning and keep safe.