The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is in Stadt Moers Park, Whiston, Prescot, Liverpool. The course is run on a mixture of tarmac paths, blocked paving, grass and trail paths . Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
Knowsley parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the event as safe as possible, so participants, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces – whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with one dog by your side, within reach at all times, on a short, handheld, non-extendable lead. Please also see this Support Site entry for further details about parkrunning with dogs.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Knowsley parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThe course is a 2 lap anti-clockwise route, starting & finishing on the main central path in Stadt Moers park.
Heading south initially on wide tarmac paths, you head slightly downhill towards the lake, before turning left at the marshal point two & proceed along the tree covered tarmac path behind the lake.
At the end of this path you turn left onto the field section by marshal point three. Heading north now across the field, you keep to the right of the trees in the middle, before heading for the marker post on the opposite side of the field. A short trail path will lead you to marshal point five, where they will guide you to turn right.
You then proceed north again along an undulating trail path until you reach marshal point six at a wide path, you head to the left, slightly downhill, keeping to the left until you reach the turnaround marker and turn 180 degrees and head back up to marshal point 6 where you veer off to the left. Continue up towards the top right hand corner of the park, where you will turn left onto the block paved road, guided again by marshal point eight, following the path as it sweeps downhill on a long right hand bend.
At the bottom of this hill you turn immediate left onto a narrower tarmac path, which leads you up a short incline to the highest point of the route. Continue along this path until you reach the short steep hill section leading back down to the main path.
At this point, you will be guided left, back along the main path to the centre of the park. You will then repeat the same route for the 2nd lap before finishing in the same location as the start line.
There are no public facilities in the park at present.
Location of startThe run starts on the main central path in Stadt Moers park.
Getting there by public transportBus: Bus services 139 & 248, stop on Pottery Lane.
Alternatively, the number 61 bus service stops on Paradise Lane.
Train: The nearest railway station is Whiston.
Getting there on footFrom the bus stops on Pottery Lane & Paradise Lane, it is a 5 minute and a 10 minute walk to the start respectively.
It is approximately a 15 minute walk from Whiston Station.
Getting there by roadSat Nav. Postcode - L35 3RG
Directions to Pottery Lane Entrance;
From Liverpool - take the M62 to Junction 6 and at the roundabout take the 3rd exit, Windy Arbor Road. Continue to the T-junction turn left onto Greenes Road. Keep right onto Pottery Lane and go over the railway bridge. The car park is then the 2nd road on your left.
From Warrington/Manchester - As above but Windy Arbor Road is 5th exit off the roundabout.
From North Liverpool - Take the M57 heading south to Junction 1. Exit the roundabout at the first exit and follow the directions along Windy Arbor Road.
From South Liverpool; - Take the Knowsley Expressway (A5300) North until the M62 junction. Exit the roundabout at the fourth exit and follow directions along Windy Arbor Road.
Pottery Lane - Approximately 25 spaces and within a 5 minute walk of the start. Please park on the right hand side & avoid parking directly outside the resident’s property.
Paradise Lane - Approximately 30 spaces, within 10 minute’s walk of the start.
There is also on street parking available on Fallows Way, which is situated off Windy Arbor Road & is a 10 minute walk from the south end of the park.