Those of you who have only been running with us for a few months might have been confused by the hot yellow disk in the sky. Our health & safety advice has changed from beware puddles to beware ankle-twisting rutted mud.
More seriously, it's the season to remind all to make sure they have topped up their fluids and breakfasted (slightly) before they leave home (or grab a pre-run water from Mrs Doyle).
OK, enough advanced nutrition advice.
349 runners turned out, of whom 27 were brand new to the parkrun cult and 13 visiting from other parkruns. 103 of you recorded new Personal Bests. If we remove the first timers from that, it means exactly one in three of us got PBs yesterday. What a difference a bit of sun makes!!!
- Lewis FAGGE (JM15-17) (Unattached) was first over the line in 17:30 - 7th time in 17 appearances.
- Steven FORD (SM30-34) (Unattached) was second over the line in 18:06 - was first to finish once before.
- Christopher BLAKE (SM25-29) of Stourbridge RC, was third over the line in 18:23.
- Clare HINTON (VW35-39) of Spa Striders RC, was first (48th overall) over the line in 21:25 - second time in 28 appearances.
- Elaine SHERWIN (VW40-44) of Leamington C and AC, was second (57th overall) over the line in 21:43 - has been first to finish on 23 previous occasions.
- Anouk MOLLIEX (VW35-39) of Leamington C and AC, was third (72nd overall) over the line in 22:31 - has been first to finish on 7 previous occasions.
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
- Michael Elmhurst WILLIAMS (VM55-59) was graded 78.55% for the time 19:44 (16th overall).
- Jonathan INGRAM (JM10) was graded 78.36% for the time 21:43 (56th overall).
- Lewis FAGGE (JM15-17) was graded 78.29% for the time 17:30 (first overall).
- Alison TAGGART (VW65-69) was graded 78.27% for the time 27:32 (207th overall)
This week we had had 26 running clubs represented. We have invited all the local running clubs to adopt a parkrun. Kenilworth Runners will be running the running on 29th March and we have another couple of clubs penciled in for May and June. Any other clubs want a go? Please get in touch. (And club stats fans will be excited by the new consolidated club report - a by-product of the recent system upgrade. This example is Kenilworth's - other running clubs are available!)
Last month's parkrunner of the month, Wendy Irwin, got her bright new Sweatshop trainers (only slightly) dirty yesterday! See photo.
Says Wendy: "Over the past few years I have lost 6 stone without exercise. I currently have back and hip conditions which restrict what exercise I can do. As a New Year's resolution I decided that I needed to do something, my friend mentioned parkrun to me, and I thought, why not give it a go. So, 1st Saturday in January I dragged my husband with me and we did our first. When I'd finished I felt shattered and in pain, but felt a real sense of achievement, two weeks later our boys joined us, and now it's a family event and we encourage and support each other."
Also congratulations to Nat Dellar, who somehow found time alongside her regular volunteering (12 times in eight months), to run her 50th parkrun AND bring in a celebratory cake. The run directors would like to congratulate Nat on her wonderful achievement and encourage everyone else to emulate. We liked the 50 runs too!
Here is some very old lost property. please claim soon before it gets donated!
That's all for this week. Please remember that you can 'Like' us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and also opt in to receive our emails via the Profile link in your results/national news emails. These photos are good too