The Switchback 5 - a five mile cross country race starting and finishing in Lloyd Park, woith the central section in Addington Woods. Organised by Striders of Croydon, Race Director Lloyd parkrun's own Debra Bourne.
It's an enjoyable start to the cross-country season, with tea, cake and a memento for all finishers: this year T-shirts!
Entry £6 affiliated/£8 unaffiliated (£2 surcharge on the day).
Entry form: http://www.stridersofcroydon.org.uk/SOC/Switchback/SwitchbackEntryForm.pdf
Enter online: http://www.stridersofcroydon.org.uk/?page_id=6477
Great views, a great run, great cake...
Trophies for fastest individuals (male & female, overall, age categories) and teams.
Date: Sunday March 22nd
Price: £18 (£16 for UKA members)
Where: Crystal Palace, London
Route Type: Trail
Chip Timed? Yes
Baggage Store: Yes
Finishers Medal: Yes
Sign up online or call 0800 169 87 87.
Web link is www.ageuk.org.uk/10k
Not quite as local as the Croydon 10K or the Beckenham trail 10K, but for people who want to try a nice 10K to celebrate Valentine's Day:
The 26.2 Road Runners Club is pleased to announce that online entries are now open for its next annual Valentines 10k race on Sunday the 15th of February 2015 at the start time of 09:00.
We welcome entries from ALL grades of runners, whether you are a fast club runner or a jogger seeking a personal challenge.
We have ample free parking at the Barwell Industrial Estate and a great indoor Race HQ at Chessington Community College with changing, toilets, showers and a coffee bar available. Free technical t-shirt for all finishers
Save a pound by entering online before the end of November!
"Early Bird" Entries (before 30th November 2014): Affiliated Club Runner- £12; Unaffiliated Runner - £14
Entries after 30th November 2015: Affiliated Club Runner- £13; Unaffiliated Runner - £15
Or save even more: Postal entries: Affiliated Club Runner- £11; Unaffiliated Runner - £13
More details at http://www.26point2.co.uk/valentines10k/
Postal entries or online via Runner's World.
1) Final reminder: the Switchback 5, a five-mile cross-country race starting and finishing in Lloyd Park is NEXT SUNDAY, 28th September. You can still enter online: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/registrationinfo.asp?sp=&v=2&EN=84639&ms= AND there's entry on the day.
It's a fun, challenging course, with a memento (a nice mug!) and tea AND CAKE when you finish. Organised by Striders of Croydon - note you do need to go to the clubhouse to get your number - and for the cake!
2) On 19th October there's the Croydon 10K, organised by Croydon Harriers. This starts and finishes on Lloyd Park Avenue. There's also a 3K Fun run for runners 9-14 years old. More info at http://www.nice-work.org.uk/events.php?id=41[/url
There are extra events available this coming weekend
1) Lloyd parkrun, 9 am Saturday morning, as usual.
2) Saturday 16th, starting at 10 am, at Lloyd Park there's a 5K walk in aid of "Stomp out violence against Women", You can register online at www.stompsponsoredwalk.eventbrite.co.uk
3) Sunday 17th, starting at 11 am, at Lloyd Park there's the ACLT Giving Hope 5k - family fun run & walk in aid of ACTL - promoting bone marrow and blood donation, as part of a family fun day in the park. More information and a downloadable entry form at http://www.aclt.org/index.php/home/shownews/273
4) Sunday 17th FREE Croydon Dualthlon at Croydon Sports Arena - 10 am For more information follow the links: http://www.triathlonengland.org/take-part/events/detail/GO-TRI-%27Croydon%27-Duathlon_4150