All parkrun events in this country are currently suspended due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). For further details please see here
Newcastle parkrun - Weekly Free 5km Timed Run
What is Newcastle parkrun?
It is a 5km run - it's you against the clock.
When is it?
Every Saturday at 9:00am.
Where is it?
The event takes place at Exhibition Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne. See Course page for more details.
What does it cost to join in?
Nothing - it's free! but please register before your first run. Only ever register with parkrun once. Don't forget to bring a printed copy of your barcode (request a reminder). If you forget it, you won't get a time.
How fast do I have to be?
We all run for our own enjoyment. Please come along and join in whatever your pace!
Newcastle parkrun needs you!
It is entirely organised by volunteers - email email@example.com to help.
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at the Cafe in the Park, Exhibition Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4PZ - please come and join us.
Thanks to this week's volunteers
Adam HELSBY • Akmal RAHIM • Allen MULLISS • Andrew WANLEY • Andy BENNISTON • Andy LIE • Angela KIRTLEY • Brian EDWARDS • Charlotte COOPER • Chris KENYON • Claire WYNARCZYK • David DAVIES • Edward WHITE • Ellie STONE • Garry BROOKS • Graham TYLER • Harley ROWE-MAGUIRE • Ian KIRTLEY • Jackie CHAMBERS • John MARSHALL • John TOLLITT • Judith HODGES • Karen RICHARDSON • Kate MCLEAN • Kevin Charles LISTER • Keya BROUGHTON • Larry TAYLOR • Maggie HEFFERNAN • Maia BROUGHTON • Malcolm CRAIGHEAD • Marc JOHNSON • Matthew JONES • Max SOUTER • Michael MAWN • Nicky SMITH • Paul DAVISON • Penny WILSON • Peter MICKLER • Rob KEVAN • Robyn THOMPSON • Sam LOMAX • Shirley HORNER • Thomas KERSHAW • Tracey AMBROSE • Vicki DERITIS • Will THOMPSON
See our volunteer page for details on getting involved in making Newcastle parkrun happen.
Newcastle parkrun takes place every Saturday at 9:00am
Please note Newcastle parkrun is cancelled on 08/08/20 - See the news page for more detail
Other parkruns nearbyLeazes (0.6m), Jesmond Dene (1.1m), Gateshead (2.8m), Windy Nook (3.7m), Rising Sun (4.2m), Gibside (6.3m), Whitley Bay (8.1m), South Shields (8.4m), Riverside (9.2m), Herrington Country (9.3m)
- Don't forget your barcode! See your initial registration email, your weekly parkrun newsletter, previous results emails, or you can request a reminder email. Phones don't scan, so please bring a printed copy.
- We operate a "No barcode, No result" policy. If you forget your printed barcode, you won't get a time.
- Coming along for the first time? Please make sure you have registered and also read the course description.
- Did you run this week? Check out the results page and news page which includes event reports - we normally update these a day or two after the event.
- Not received your results email? It may be in your spam folder. We've a few tips on our support site to help you.
- You look great! Have a look at the event photos.
- Want to know more? Read about us and the event.
- Our links page connects you to local and national running resources.
- This event is run by volunteers who love running; if you want to join us, find out more on our volunteering page.
- Summary event statistics are at the bottom of every page.
- Any other questions? Read our dedicated support site.