Newport junior parkrun is cancelled on 2020-12-06 – COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Sunday 3rd November – Cancellation

Due to the yellow weather warnings issued for Newport this weekend, the decision has been taken to cancel the junior parkrun on Sunday.
Safety is always our first concern for volunteers, juniors and the public, so under the guidance of National Trust operations team, we have agreed that the damage to trees and ground debris makes the event unsafe.
Our next junior parkrun will be on Sunday 10th November at 10.00am, weather permitting.

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

 

Christmas Extravaganza – 12th December 2017

A huge thank you to Newport Social Cycling Santa's who provided a guard of honour, singing songs and cheering us on our way. Despite a very drizzly run, 78 juniors completed the run, eating chocolate and smiling all the way. Our brilliant volunteers, parents and families shouted and cheered the children around the course. The staff at the Brew House then welcomed us upstairs to enjoy well deserved hot drinks and mince pies. Another thank you goes out to Emma Burridge, who played all our favourite carols, and Oliver who supplied the keyboard and sound system - thank you both! 

A brilliant morning, and what a delightful way to celebrate Christmas with all our parkrun friends and families. Thank you for all your continued support throughout the year and we would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and  a happy New Year.

Don't forget there will be a junior parkrun next week on Christmas Eve - see you there!

 

Cancellation

Due to this mornings adverse weather conditions , junior Parkrun will not be taking place . Please share this update to soread the word. We have also put out a cancellation notice on the junior Facebook site. Take care everyone this morning and stay safe, stay at home.

 

Storm Brian and junior run

Following an inspection of the junior course, and verifying with the Tredegar House groundsman there have been no issues of hazards identified this morning. Therefore see you all for the run as usual at 10am

 

Storm Brian Update

The junior event on 22nd October is currently planned to go ahead. However, it is dependent on a safety assessment of the course conditions by the event and run directors first thing in the morning. If we feel it is unsafe to go ahead we will post a cancellation notice here and on the Facebook page at 08.15am. In the event of the possibility of cancellation tomorrow the team will remain on site to inform those who turn up who may not have access to the information sites. Please check the pages before you set off.

Newport juniors volunteer team

⇐ Newer Posts