The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is in Nonsuch Park, Cheam, Greater London. The course is run on a mixture of tarmac paths and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
Nonsuch parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the event as safe as possible, so participants, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces – whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with one dog by your side, within reach at all times, on a short, handheld, non-extendable lead. Please also see this Support Site entry for further details about parkrunning with dogs.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Nonsuch parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThis parkrun is a two lap run starting adjacent to the Mansion House towards the Avenue. The course follows the tarmac road until the old Cherry Orchard Site (dog free recreation area). The couse then follows a grass track until the Mansion House is reached and this is the start of the second lap. The course is fast and flat with a mixture of surfaces - care should be taken during wet or icy conditions.
There are public toilets by the Mansion House.
Location of startThe run starts adjacent to the Mansion House towards the Avenue.
Getting there by public transportNonsuch Park is approx 1km from Cheam Station. Cheam village is the stoppping point for buses coming from all directions, and buses also stop on the A24 London Road between Ewell Village and North Cheam
Getting there on footBy foot or on bike - there are a number of entrances to the park off the London Road, Ewell and Ewell Road, Cheam. In addition there are footpaths from Blue Gates, Beaufort Way and Ewell Bypass. A public footpath from Holmwood Road, Cheam leads across Warren Farm in Nonsuch Park.
Getting there by roadThere are three carparks in Nonsuch Park all equidistant from the start of parkrun - approx 500m. Two carparks off the London Road, Ewell and a car park off Ewell Road in Cheam.
Please do not use the car park adjacent to the Mansion House as this is for visitors to the Mansion House and would soon become jammed by parkrun cars.