The current weather means that it is time to switch to Course B - the 'Winter course'. We change to a modified course for runner safety and to preserve the tracks in the park. We will be using this course for the next few months. There are a few things to note for those not familiar with Course B:
- RUN on the LEFT. Pass on the right. This is very important because the lead bike & lead runners will catch and pass more runners. (*).
- This is a 2.5 lap course - only enter the finish straight [7[ after you have completed the correct number of laps.
- Pre-run brief is held by the Gazebo in the centre of the park - see the map below.
- Start - this is the same as Course A.
- Marshall posts & half way are different - see map.
- Headphones - we cannot stop you using them but please keep to the left and set you volume so that you can hear instructions from the volunteers especially the lead bike.
(*) - We often get asked why we run on a different side on Course B. It is to allow the finishers to enter the finish straight without cutting across the line of those starting another lap