The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Carey Park, Northwich. The course is run on a mixture of concrete paths and trail paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
Northwich parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the event as safe as possible, so participants, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces – whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with one dog by your side, within reach at all times, on a short, handheld, non-extendable lead. Please also see this Support Site entry for further details about parkrunning with dogs.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Northwich parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThe course explores the hidden Northwich Woodland whilst following the River Weaver. There is a mixture of both path and trail ground consisting of a small loop and a larger loop with views of Neumanns Flashes. The course ends near Old Marbury Road giving a short warm down walk back to the car park.
There are no toilets on the course, however the nearest toilets are located at Asda Barons Quay approximately 200 metres away.
Location of startThe event starts in Carey Park.
Getting there by public transportFrom Northwich Train Station, walk along Middlewich Road (B5082) toward Chester Way roundabout. Cross at the pedestrian crossings onto Leicester Street. Cumberland car park is approx. 0.5 miles on the right.
Getting there on foot
Getting there by roadIf using SatNav the nearest postcode is CW9 5LQ.
From Knutsford: head along the A556 toward North Wales/ Chester/ A51. After approx. 2.5 miles, turn right off the A556 signposted Northwich and turn left onto Manchester Road (A559). After approx. 2.3 miles, take the 3rd exit from Chester Way roundabout onto Leicester Street. Cumberland car park is approx. 0.5 miles on the right.
From Chester: head along the A556 toward M6/Manchester(M56)/Northwich(A559). Take the 1st exit from Davenham roundabout and turn immediately left onto Kingsmead (A533). Pass 2 roundabouts and continue through Kingsmead onto London Road. Continue straight onto Bull Ring and turn right onto Chester Way (A559). Pass 3 sets of traffic lights and continue up to Chester Way roundabout. Take the 1st exit onto Leicester Street. Cumberland car park is approx. 0.5 miles on the right.
All day parking is available for £1 at Cumberland car park. Free parking for 4 hours is located just past Cumberland car park on Barons Quay multi story.