Parkrun research tells us that women are much less likely to participate in parkrun, and we are taking steps to change that. As part of these efforts parkrun are organising a global female-focused parkrun celebration on Saturday 7 March 2020, the day before International Women’s Day.
In England this will support the This Girl Can campaign created by our partner Sport England.
Penrose are joining parkruns worldwide in a celebration of female participation on this day. We will be
- Encouraging existing parkrunners to bring along a female friend, family member or a work colleague, especially one who has never been to parkrun before
- Sharing out plans with local organisations, including the media
- Encouraging everyone to dress in purple (our chosen colour for the day)
- Fillingl your volunteer roster with as many women and girls as possible
- Mentioning the day in the pre-event briefing, and encourage everyone to do a big cheer
- Takeing lots of photos celebrating female participation, using the special IWD parkrun selfie frames and hashtag #IWDparkrun
We hope you will be able to come and join us !!
Penrose event director