This event is currently suspended due to COVID-19.
For country specific information around events in the UK, please see here.
Pontypridd parkrun - Weekly Free 5km Timed Run
What is Pontypridd parkrun?
It is a 5km run - it's you against the clock.
When is it?
Every Saturday at 9:00am.
Where is it?
The event takes place at Ynysangharad War Memorial Park, Bridge Street, Pontypridd, CF37 4PE. See Course page for more details.
What does it cost to join in?
Nothing - it's free! but please register before you first come along. Only ever register with parkrun once. Don't forget to bring a printed copy of your barcode (request a reminder). If you forget it, you won't get a time
How fast do I have to be?
We all run for our own enjoyment. Please come along and join in whatever your pace!
Pontypridd parkrun needs you!
It is entirely organised by volunteers - email firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in one of the great selection of cafes in town, just a minute walk from the finish area. If you're looking for specific recommendations, just ask anyone on the day, or have a chat with our core team - please come and join us!
Thanks to this week's volunteers
Alan EARLY • Alison JONES • Anthony WILLIAMS • Carl THOMAS • Charlie OTLEY • Clare RUSSELL • Dan TAYLOR • David REES • Donald STEWART • Elspeth WYNN • Fiona DAVIES • Fiona HOOK-MACKENZIE • Jaime MOLLOY • Jenna COWLEY • Lisa PRITCHARD • Loretta TOMKINSON • Lyndon WALKER • Neil HOOK-MACKENZIE • Rhys ROBERTS • Rob CLARKE • Robert JOSLIN • Ruth COCHRAN • Simon PRITCHARD
See our volunteer page for details on getting involved in making Pontypridd parkrun happen.
Pontypridd parkrun takes place every Saturday at 9:00am.
Please note Pontypridd parkrun is cancelled on 31/07/21 - See the news page for more detail
Other parkruns nearbyPenallta (5m), Coed Cefn-pwll-du (8.5m), Cardiff (9.2m), Merthyr (9.6m), Aberdare (9.6m), Trelai Park (9.7m), Aberbeeg (11.3m), Tremorfa (11.9m), Grangemoor (12m), Bryn Bach (12.8m)
- Don't forget paper barcode! See your initial registration email, your weekly parkrun newsletter, previous results emails, or you can request a reminder email. Phones don't scan, so please bring a printed copy.
- We operate a "No barcode, No result" policy. If you forget your printed barcode, you won't get a time.
- Coming along for the first time? Please make sure you have registered and also read the course description.
- Did you run this week? Check out the results page and news page which includes event reports - we normally update these a day or two after the event.
- Not received your results email? It may be in your spam folder. We've a few tips on our support site to help you.
- You look great! Have a look at the event photos.
- Want to know more? Read about us and the event.
- Our links page connects you to local and national running resources.
- This event is run by volunteers who love running; if you want to join us, find out more on our volunteering page.
- Summary event statistics are at the bottom of every page.
- Any other questions? Read our dedicated support site.