A view from the RD (Karl) and team...
Welcome back parkrunners, god we have missed you all
Would it really have been parkrunday without the wet stuff falling from the sky? Nooooooo
* A quick stint on BBC Radio Wales: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000yztx. (37 mins in)
* A soggy setup with our new trolley taking pride and place on the start line. Volunteers donning the new PINK Hi Viz jackets
* A busy crowd at the New Runners and Tourist brief with tourists from Crawley and Plymouth! (so sorry we forgot to mention you this morning)
* Milestones a plenty (see below!)
* The 21st highest attendance we've had at a Ponty parkrun (phenomenal given the weather). Our record is 491 - with the weather set fair for next week, could that go???
* The highest ever attendance for a "wet weather" Ponty parkrun (see the pointless graph below - the top 10 Ponty parkruns with 10mm or more of the wet stuff on the day)
* And 375 brave and patient runners on the start line….
Awww it was good to have you all back! Think we got it mostly right, and thank you to all the volunteers that helped deliver the event! The scanning location was a huge hit with our volunteers, it’s a definite keeper!!
So things we got slightly wrong:
* Main run brief needs to be from the centre of the pack - or with a loudspeaker, sorry if you could not hear the from the back!
* T Junction marshal was missing (whoops, sorry!)
* Need to remind runners where to run more strongly, we don’t want any collisions on course with people overtaking
* Headphones, faster runners couldn’t be heard when trying to overtake.
Everyone home safely!!
We also gave a very brief shout out on the line to four amazing parkrunners who ran milestone events: 50, 100 and 250. So - as promised the moment you've been waiting for ... oh yes: OUR FIRST BATCH OF VIRTUAL SELFIE CELEBS!!
Congrats to Paul, Finlay, Rob and Claire - we hope you like them! Keep them coming - let us know during the week if you have a milestone coming up, and whether you would like to be featured here.
So shall we do it again next week?? Thanks for all your lovely messages of support and thanks - it’s amazing to have you back
Here’s to the next 300 events!
========= THE VITAL STATISTICS =========
Event number 300
21st August 2021
This week 375 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 52 were first timers and 47 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 32 different clubs took part.
The event was made possible by 27 volunteers:
Rhian HOPKINS • Wendy WILLIAMS • Fiona DAVIES • Simon PRITCHARD • Michael LOCKE • Dianne DAVIES • Ruth COCHRAN • Sandra DAVIES • Gareth HOWELL • Trish TAZZINI-LLOYD • Rebecca HOUSE HOWE • Mair JOHNSON • Karl JOHNSON • Rhys ROBERTS • Lyndon WALKER • Sean LYNE • Joanne DENDLE • Catherine POWELL • Abigail GHUMAN • Ruth NORTHWAY • Huw DAVIES • Jackie JONES • Richard COSTELLO • Blaine BURBIDGE-SMITH • Viv BURBIDGE-SMITH • Lianne EDMUNDS • Claire COSTELLO
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Pontypridd parkrun Results Page.
The male record is held by Tom MARSHALL who recorded a time of 14:43 on 26th November 2016 (event number 148).
The female record is held by Clara EVANS who recorded a time of 16:47 on 19th October 2019 (event number 282).
The Age Grade course record is held by Ros TABOR who recorded 93.49% (22:01) on 4th April 2015 (event number 74).
Pontypridd parkrun started on 12th October 2013. Since then 8,569 participants have completed 63,296 parkruns covering a total distance of 316,480 km, including 12,324 new Personal Bests. A total of 665 individuals have volunteered 6,587 times.