The course is 5000m (5K) long. Poole parkrun starts near to the cricket pavillion in Poole Park. Postcode BH15 2SF a run on a mixture of tar and compacted gravel,. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Poole parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Poole parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
At Poole we are a busy parkrun with 600+ runners each week. Some parts
of the course become congested and you may have to run single file/two
abreast. To reduce congestion and overtaking, please line up at the start
in the order you think you will finish. On your first lap of the lake
please run on the lower path as directed by our marshals (at approx.
1.5km), and on the second lap the higher path. This allows faster
runners on their second lap to overtake runners on their first lap
without incident. Pushchairs are allowed on the higher path on both
laps. Throughout the event we ask that you overtake on the right to avoid
confusion and any unfortunate dips in the lake.
Location of startPoole parkrun starts near to the cricket pavillion in Poole Park. Postcode BH15 2SF
Getting there by public transportIts a ten minute walk from both Poole bus station and Poole railway station, through the park towards the civic centre.
Getting there on footIts a ten minute walk from both Poole bus station and Poole railway station, through the park towards the civic centre.
Getting there by roadThere is no parking or vehicles allowed in the park until 10am. Nearest public car park is the civic centre (BH15 2RU) which is just across the road from the park.
Post Run Coffee
Every week our volunteers will be putting on some refreshments in the cricket pavilion - please come and join us.