With the further loosening of Covid-19 restrictions confirmed by the government yesterday, we're pleased to confirm that Rickmansworth parkrun IS BACK! We will restart on Saturday 24 July at 9am in the Aquadrome and we can't wait to see our regular runners and volunteers again after such a long enforced break!
In line with guidance and to ensure the utmost safety for all at our events, there will be a few changes for both runners and volunteers. Full details of parkrun's Covid-19 Framework can be found here.
Everyone loves a list, and parkrun HQ have come up with ten important points for all runners to remember and put into practice when attending any parkrun after we restart:
- DISTANCE YOURSELF wherever possible
- BE QUIET at the pre-event brief
- POSITION YOURSELF at the start according to your estimated finish time
- MINIMISE AMOUNT OF TIME spent in close proximity to others
- RESPECT the personal space of others
- SUPPORT YOUR CHILDREN to socially distance
- OBSERVE LOCAL COVID GUIDELINES on your way to and from the event
- NO SPITTING OR HIGH-FIVING or any other non-essential contact
- SHOW YOUR BARCODES to the scanner from a distance
- STAY HOME if you and anyone in your household is ill
The core team are itching to welcome parkrun back to Ricky Aquadrome, but as ever we will need help from our band of trusty volunteers. With the new safety measures and protocols, we'll need more volunteers than ever to put on each event. We've already had a few people volunteer, but please get in touch by email (email@example.com) if you can help out at any events in the coming months. As ever, all volunteers will be fully trained and prepped ahead of the event, and your safety will be paramount at all times.
We can't wait to see everyone again and have parkrun return to our Saturday mornings. Thanks and well done for all your patience and resilience over the last year or so. Hopefully the return of parkrun marks another big step towards a return to normality?!