It was my third park run today. I am seven years old. It was drizzly and grey and muddy. I like doing park run because I get fit and I like running with Mummy. I also like to sprint at the finish.
Today all my family were involved. My Papa was doing the timing. My Mummy, Granny and Uncle Matt ran too. And my Auntie looked after my little brother so that Mummy could run with me.
There were lots of dogs there on leads. I think Mummy should bring our dogs but she said it will be chaos! Thank to everyone involved and a big thank to the volunteers and a bigger thank you to all the people who cheered me on and make me feel so welcome.
(Typed by Mummy)
Ethan with his Mum & Uncle
Huge thanks to our Ethan (and his Mum) for a fab run, walk & jog report, and thanks also to all our other amazing volunteers from the last couple of weeks:
Alison CHAPMAN • Dal POONIA • Graham GREEN • Graham WRIGHT • Ken PHILLIPS • Laura FRASER • Lauren KIMPTON • Lawrence ASPINALL • Lesley WRIGHT • Lisa SMITH • Lisa TAYLOR • Mark GARDINER • Phillipa VEITCH • Robert Norton SIBLEY • Sarah GARDINER • Susan Louise BEECHAM • Theresa COLLER • Tina GRIMWOOD
Barry BELL • Daniel GREEN • Donna MARTIN • Ella THOMPSON • Ethan NEWNES • Gary GROUTAGE • Graham GREEN • Graham WRIGHT • Jonathan CROWLE • Julie ASPINALL • Lesley WRIGHT • Lisa SMITH • Matthew BAXTER • Peter GRANGER • Robert Norton SIBLEY • Stephen CASON • Susan Louise BEECHAM • Victoria WRIGHT
We're always on the look out for volunteers, including this coming Saturday, which is also Pacers Week, so if you are able to help out on Saturday, or any upcoming parkrundays, please drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or come and find someone in hi-viz on Saturday. You can find the roster for the next few weeks here
Milestones & PBs!
Congratulations to Ian for completing his 50th parkrun, Keith, Vincent & Sarah on reaching their 100th, and Ian for making it to 250 (or 5 years of parkrunning!).
Congratulations also go to the 22 of you with a shiny new PB!
New Year's Day
We're delighted to be able to let you know, that as with the last 5 years, we'll be having an extra event this New Year's Day!
As well as being an extra parkrun, it's also the one day a year you can potentially run two parkruns on the same day! Our start time is 10.30am, and if you are tempted with the idea of a second parkrun, the exciting news for you is you have at at least two options locally to get in your first parkrun before joining us at Shorne, as Cylcopark at due to start at 9am and Maidstone are due to start at 8.30am. And in even more exciting news, you could also get in an extra 5k (but not another parkrun) by running from Cyclopark to Shorne as well!
You can find out which other events are on, and importantly what time they start, by clicking here. You can then spend a few hours working out which events you can run your two parkruns at, as well as looking at which events have an event taking place on Christmas Day (Shorne Woods parkrun isn't on). All Christmas Day events will be starting at 9am, which is a change from previous years.
So if you're thinking of joining us for the first time, here are a few things to be aware of:
- Firstly if you haven't registered yet, you can do so here, or if you've lost your barcode you can find details of how to retrieve is here
- Whether you're new to parkrun / or it's your first time at Shorne Woods parkrun, firslty welcome, and secondly we have a new runners briefing at 8.55am.
- Under 11's must be accompanied by an appropriate adult at all times.
- Dogs are allowed, but only one per runner, and they need to be kept on a short lead.
- DFYB! (don't forget your barcode!) no barcode, no result
- We can't scan barcodes on a mobile phone, and the above rule of 'no barcode, no result' also applies here
- Please give consideration to other runners & park users.
- Only once through the finish funnel, go all the way through to the end, stay in order & don't forget to pick up a finish token.
- When you're ready don't forget to have your barcodes scanned, and if for any reason you don't want to be scanned please return the position token (we reuse them each week)
- There are containers up by the finish area for you to leave any spare clothes, and you run past these about 80 metres from the start if you don't want to drop them off before you've started.
- Oh, and one more thing......enjoy!
If you have any questions not answered above, feel free to drop us an email (email@example.com) or look out for someone in hi-viz on Saturday morning.
If the week between parkrun seems to take forever to pass, as you long for your next hit of parkrunfun (or even if it flies by!) there are a couple of parkrun podcasts now available for you to enjoy, with the official parkrun podcast free weekly timed, along with the independent with me now, which for those who listened to the previous parkrun Show, is also brought to you by Nicola & Danny.
Look forward to hopefully seeing you this Saturday,