What do you need to know for this parkrunday? In summary, there's a lot!
The Weather: Sunny Intervals, gentle breeze, and a reasonably comfortable 19-20ºC (particularly compared to the last few days!)
Volunteers: We're still on the look out for a few roles including a couple of marshals & run report writer (obviously the last one you can volunteer for as well as run) if you are able to help out then please drop us an email (email@example.com) or come and find someone in hi-viz in the morning. You can find the roster for this Saturday and the next few weeks here
parkrun Milestones: This Saturday we have one potential parkrun milestone as I'm informed that Lynne Champion maybe running her 50th parkrun!
If you do make it to Shorne on Saturday Lynne, can I be the first to say congratulations!
I Am Team GB: We're teaming up with all the returning lottery-funded heroes from Rio to create the nation's biggest sports day, I Am Team GB – and you, your family & friends are invited!
From archery to yoga, there’s something for everyone (including of course parkrun!) and whether you want to go to an event or do your own thing, you’ll be part of the team. You can find out full details here, but why not encourage a friend or member of your family to come along and enjoy a parkrun/walk or jog, or indeed a bit of volunteering.
Special Guests & a few treats: I'm delighted to let you know that we'll be joined by two local athletes, in Olympian Kate French (who came 6th in the Modern Pentathlon in Rio) and GB Gymnast Georgia-Mae Fenton (who was added to the Senior GB squad this year, and is a potential Olympian for Tokyo 2020). I'm sure you'll join me in offering them a warm welcome to Shorne Woods parkun.
And if that's not enough, we'll also have some goodies at the finish to help replenish your energy levels post parkrun! So why not join us for even more fun at Shorne, maybe even bring along a friend or family member, add some red/white or blue to your running attire, and lets help get the nations biggest sports day off to a great start!
Subsidised Parking Charge Trial (starting on the 3rd September): In recent weeks we've mentioned through the run report and in the pre-run briefing about safety concerns that have been raised about the parking / traffic in Park Pale on a Saturday morning. In recognition of this, the Country Park have kindly agreed to a 3 month trial, to commence on the 3rd September, where parkrunners can park until 11:30am on Saturday for £1.50 (rather than the normal £3 day rate). To take advantage of this you'll need to pay for your parking after parkrun in the visitor centre rather than through the machines.
- If you're new to parkrun / Shorne Woods parkrun, firstly welcome, and secondly we have a new runners briefing at 8.55ish!
- Under 11's must be accompanied by an appropriate adult at all times.
- Dogs are allowed, but only one per runner, and they need to be kept on a short lead.
- DFYB! (don't forget your barcode!) no barcode, no result
- We can't scan barcodes on a mobile phone, and the above rule applies in this case
- Please give consideration to other runners & park users.
- Only once through the finish funnel, go all the way through to the end, stay in order & don't forget to pick up a finish token.
- If you're a trained first aider or medical professional why not grab one of our first aider armbands.
- Oh, and one more thing......enjoy!
I think that's enough for now! Look forward to seeing you in the morning for some more parkrunfun!