New Year's Day parkrun
Whether this is your first time at Shorne, or you've run here loads of times before below are a few things you should all be aware of for the New Year's Day event:
- The event starts at 10.30am
- Based on recent events the turn out is likely to be more than double what we usually have on a Saturday
- Given this, please come with the expectation of a social run rather than aiming for a PB, as the course is likely to be congested for most of the 3 & a bit laps.
- Given the start time, and the fact it's New Year's Day there is also a potential for more visitors in the park - as ever please be considerate to all park users.
- The car park is also going to be very busy, so where possible please car share, cycle, run or walk to Shorne.
- If you are driving up the car park please make sure you pay for parking before you leave (it's managed via ANPR cameras so you don't have to pay when you arrive, just make sure you do pay before you leave)
- The finish area is also going to be much busier than normal, and while we have plenty of volunteers to help this work as efficiently as possible, please be mindful that while you may have finished there could still be parkrunners who are on the course, with more than a lap to go.
- You may notice some runners with numbers on, don't be alarmed this isn't a new requirement, the good people at SVN (Saxons, Vikings & Normans) are putting on an event that also incoporates the Cycolpark parkrun, a run up the A2, the Shorne Woods parkrun, before running back down the A2, and then potentially doing some more miles on top!
And if you're thinking of joining us, and it is your first time, here are a few other things to be aware of:
- Firstly if you haven't registered yet, you can do so here, or if you've lost your barcode you can find details of how to retrieve is here
- Whether you're new to parkrun / or it's your first time at Shorne Woods parkrun, firslty welcome, and secondly we have a new runners briefing at 10.25am.
- Under 11's must be accompanied by an appropriate adult at all times.
- Dogs are allowed, but only one per runner, and they need to be kept on a short lead.
- No scooters, balance bikes or bikes.
- DFYB! (don't forget your barcode!) no barcode, no result
- We can't scan barcodes on a mobile phone, and the above rule of 'no barcode, no result' also applies here
- Please give consideration to other runners & park users.
- Only once through the finish funnel, go all the way through to the end, stay in order & don't forget to pick up a finish token.
- When you're ready don't forget to have your barcodes scanned, and if for any reason you don't want to be scanned please return the position token (we reuse them each week)
- There are containers up by the finish area for you to leave any spare clothes, and you run past these about 80 metres from the start if you don't want to drop them off before you've started.
- Oh, and one more thing......enjoy!
If you have any questions not answered above, feel free to drop us an email (email@example.com) or look out for someone in hi-viz on NYD morning.
Look forward to hopefully seeing you for the first parkrun at Shorne in 2020!
Shorne Woods parkrun is on facebook, twitter, Instagram and flickr
Other links, parkrun UK facebook page, parkrun show, UK website, runner support, local running links, local running events