by Paul BULLEN
Happy holidays to all the children that took part in today's parkrun. After a busy Christmas half term, it was great to see you all running. A special well done to the first Junior (11-14) over the finish line, Oliver HAINES-FRANCIS, who completed the course in 19:15, definitely one to watch in the future.
Richard Waldron led us home with time of 16:06 on his 50th parkrun. Congratulations to Bryher BOWNESS as the first female to finish in a new PB of 19:00.
Celebrating their 10th Junior parkrun was Joshua SPRADBERRY, Emilia PRAGNELL and Daniel COOPER. Steve BRADLEY completed his 50th parkrun and running their 100th parkrun was Lynne NEWSON, as well as Rosemary Anne WARNER and Paul WARNER who finished together. Well done to you all!
As this is the last parkrun before Christmas, we would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy Christmas. If you want to run over the festive period, parkrun will be running on the 25th of December at 9am and the 26th of December at 9am. A great way to start your day before indulging in Christmas food!
Festive opening times
- Friday 25th December 2015 - 9:00 am
- Saturday 26th December 2015 - 9:00 am
- Friday 1st January 2016 - 10:30 am
- Saturday 2nd January 2016 - 9:00 am
Do note that New Year's Day is the one day of the year when you can register 2 parkruns (but not 3 or more!) This is made feasible by the fact that parkruns may start between 8:30am and 10:30am, so you can finish an early one in time to travel safely to another before it starts.
If you'd like some suggestions for where you can do a "parkrun double", anywhere in the country, check out this 2016 Double Finder.
Also please remember that with less people around, it is harder to get enough volunteers to put on a safe parkrun. If you can, it would be great if you could volunteer by e-mailing email@example.com
- Richard WALDRON (SM25-29) of Southampton AC, was first over the line in 16:06 - 16th time in 47 appearances.
- An unknown runner was second.
- Matt COFFEY (SM30-34) (Unattached) was third over the line in 17:36.
Current standing in the Men's annual points competition:
- Jonathan James NORTHCOTT (Southampton Triathlon Club) 6274 pts.
- Ben WHETTINGSTEEL (Eastleigh RC) 5582 pts.
- Ian HOWARD (Unattached) 5476 pts.
- Bryher BOWNESS (SW20-24) (Unattached) was first (22nd overall) over the line in 19:00 - 6th time in 12 appearances.
- Jenny BULLEN (SW30-34) of Totton Running club, was second (46th overall) over the line in 20:42 - has been first to finish on 5 previous occasions.
- Megan HULBERT (JW10) of Southampton AC, was third (57th overall) over the line in 21:17.
Current standing in the Women's annual points competition:
- Jill Alison WHITE (Unattached) 5473 pts.
- Marion HEDLEY LEWIS (Unattached) 5462 pts.
- Elizabeth BAMBER (Unattached) 5450 pts.
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
- Jon PEPIN (JM10) was graded 86.02% for the time 19:47 (35th overall).
- Sheila FOX (VW60-64) was graded 84.29% for the time 23:01 (114th overall).
- Brenda TOPLISS (VW65-69) was graded 83.15% for the time 25:31 (188th overall).
This week there were 478 runners, of whom 32 were first timers and 48 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 29 different athletics clubs took part.
Southampton parkrun started on 7th July 2012, and since then 9,878 different runners, including participants from 444 athletics clubs, have completed 79,541 runs covering a total distance of 397,705 km, and there have been 16,655 new Personal Bests.
The female record is held by Lorna RUSSELL who ran in a time of 00:16:40 on 2013-05-18 (event number 46), and by Lorna RUSSELL who also ran 00:16:40 on 2013-07-20 (event number 55).
The male record is held by Alex WALL-CLARKE who ran in a time of 00:15:09 on 2013-12-14 (event number 76).
The Age Grade course record is held by Zakariya MAHAMED who recorded a 91.21% run (15:33) on 26th September 2015 (event number 171).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the
Southampton parkrun Results Page.
New years day parkrun 10:30 am, assuming we have enough volunteers, we reserve the right to cancel due to lack of volunteers, we sincerely hope this wont happen so please get involved