Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms.
Southend parkrun - Weekly Free 5km Timed Run
What is Southend parkrun?
It is a 5km run - it's you against the clock.
When is it?
Every Saturday at 9:00am.
Where is it?
The event takes place at Gunners Park, off New Barge Pier Rd, Shoebury, Southend, Essex. See Course page for more details.
What does it cost to join in?
Nothing - it's free! but please register before you first come along. Only ever register with parkrun once. Don't forget to bring a printed copy of your barcode (request a reminder). If you forget it, you won't get a time
How fast do I have to be?
We all run for our own enjoyment. Please come along and join in whatever your pace!
Southend parkrun needs you!
It is entirely organised by volunteers - email firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at The Shorehouse Harvester on Ness Rd - please come and join us.
Thanks to this week's volunteers
Alex S THORNTON • Anna PROWSE • Derek BIRNIE • George FELTON • Geraldine GAPES • Giles PETTITT • Howard DIMMOCK • Jason MITCHELL • Jim GARDINER • Jim JENNETT • Julia ELSTON • Katy DUDDRIDGE • Kerry FAIRLESS • Kevin DOWNEY • Linda DONNELLY • Martin CURETON-BURGESS • Pam FELTON • Paula CLARIDGE • Samuel FAIRLESS • Thomas CARSWELL • Tina ROLPH
See our volunteer page for details on getting involved in making Southend parkrun happen.
Southend parkrun takes place every Saturday at 9:00am.
Other parkruns nearbyChalkwell Beach (4.9m), The Leas (6.2m), Burnham-on-Crouch (7.3m), Hockley Woods (7.8m), Hadleigh (8.4m), South Woodham Ferrers (10.6m), Sittingbourne (11.8m), Wickford Memorial (12.7m), Basildon (12.9m), Great Lines (14.1m)
- Don't forget paper barcode! See your initial registration email, your weekly parkrun newsletter, previous results emails, or you can request a reminder email. Phones don't scan, so please bring a printed copy.
- We operate a "No barcode, No result" policy. If you forget your printed barcode, you won't get a time.
- Coming along for the first time? Please make sure you have registered and also read the course description.
- Did you run this week? Check out the results page and news page which includes event reports - we normally update these a day or two after the event.
- Not received your results email? It may be in your spam folder. We've a few tips on our support site to help you.
- You look great! Have a look at the event photos.
- Want to know more? Read about us and the event.
- Our links page connects you to local and national running resources.
- This event is run by volunteers who love running; if you want to join us, find out more on our volunteering page.
- Summary event statistics are at the bottom of every page.
- Any other questions? Read our dedicated support site.