London Marathon and parkrun
London Marathon Event (LME) has proudly supported parkrun since 2012.
LME is one of the world’s leading organisers of mass participation sports events. Each year LME gifts its trading surplus through corporate Gift Aid to its parent charity, The London Marathon Charitable Trust, which makes grants to projects and organisations in London and across the UK. Both organisations share a vision of Inspiring Activity and a mission to enable people of all ages and abilities to become and remain active. This makes LME an ideal partner for parkrun, who inspire people of all ages and abilities to take up running every week.
The London Marathon was first held in 1981 and since then more than one million people have completed the iconic 26.2 miles from Blackheath to The Mall raising more than £1.1 billion for charity. Alongside the Marathon LME organises 13 world-class mass participation events:
- The Vitality Big Half, The Little Half, The Big Mile and The Big Relay
- Virgin Money London Marathon, Virgin Money Giving Mini London Marathon
- Vitality Westminster Mile
- Vitality London 10,000
- Standard Chartered Great City Race
- RideLondon (FreeCycle, 19-mile, 46-mile and 100-mile sportives)
- Children with Cancer UK Swim Serpentine
For further information on the Virgin Money London Marathon and details of other events organised by LME, visit www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com