The Street 5k winter race series returns on Wednesday 9 October 2019 and continues on the second Wednesday of each month through to March 2020. Races start at 7:30pm from Farm Road. New for this year: reduced price advance registration online at runbritain.com available until ***Sunday 6 October ***
Junior races £2 entry on the night
Juniors may run unaccompanied as fast as they like!
10 reasons to enter the Street 5k in advance online at runbritain.com:
1. What else would you be doing on Wednesday evenings through the winter?
2. Perfect your pacing with 5 x 1k laps.
3. Series of 6 races, all those PB opportunities!
4. Loads of prizes across all ages and spot prizes to be won on the night!
5. Come back to Race HQ at the end to check out your result and enjoy a cup of tea with a digestive biscuit (Wells City Harriers know how to have fun!)
6. Bargain price of £20 for all 6 races for members of clubs with England Athletics affiliation.... yep that's only £3.33 per race, you can't even buy a bottle of wine for that (but you might win one).
7. As above but £30 for 6 races for unaffiliated runners (unfortunately this includes members of Street Striders and BHAM!) So that's £5 per race and you can only get a pretty rubbish bottle of wine for that!
8. Enter online and make the job of the results processor* so-ooo much easier!
9. No Street Striders run on Wednesdays.
10. Mince pies after the December run.
*COI: I am the results processor!
Hope to be busy entering lots of Street parkrunners and Striders onto the system after Sunday 6 October!
Judy Beveridge, core volunteer
Street parkrun and Street 5k