Guidance for a return to junior parkrun at Swansea Prom - 11th July 2021
- We have moved the start/finish area away from the Secret Beach Bar & Café and we will now meet next to the Swansea Jack memorial on the grass area off the prom. Look out for volunteers in hi-viz.
- This will also be our run brief and warm up area, which will take place 5 minutes before the 9am start.
- Parents/carers and supporters will not be allowed in this area, but they will have many opportunities to see their children run along the foreshore prom from the grass area running parallel to the prom.
- The main run course remains the same; 2 laps of the foreshore prom. Marshalls will be on hand to direct first time runners.
- Please note, that junior parkrun events will temporarily be reopening for 4 to 10 year olds only
- At the end of the 2 laps, juniors runners will come in to the finish funnel area and will be handed a finish token. The token will be placed into their hand.
They will then be directed to a scanning station to have their barcodes scanned. They will then leave the area via the exit between the scanning stations.
A marshal will be on hand to direct children back to parents/carers.
- Any adults running with their children must not cross the finish line. As you approach the finish line, adults will be directed to run past the finish funnel and meet their child at the pick-up area after scanning. This is really important as it’s dangerous having adults in the finish funnel and makes timing a real issue.
- If your child is running for the first time, please explain to them that they get to finish on their own. Remind them to stay in the order they finish until they get their finish token handed to them - this ensures their position and time is accurate.
- No barcode, no result, no exceptions - DON’T FORGET YOUR BARCODE
- To reduce physical contact, all junior runners will be asked to hold out their barcode and finish token in the palm of their hand ready for scanning.
- We will have more volunteer scanners than normal to help reduce a gathering of parkrunners. Please listen to the funnel manager who will direct you to a scanning station.
- Finish tokens to be placed directly into a container after scanning. Please don’t take them away with you.
With the COVID social distancing rules in place in Wales we do ask that parents/carers observe social distancing, before, during and after the event.
By attending Swansea Prom junior parkrun you declare that you have not had in the last 2 weeks:
- a new, continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- been in contact with anyone who has had symptoms or has tested positive
- are subject to any requirements to quarantine eg return from abroad