Sorry folks. It's been one of those weeks. Good intentions of completing a literacy masterpiece of a run report by Monday were never delivered upon. But neither were more realistic hopes of turning out a pared down report for you on Wednesday. But the first rule of Tring parkrun is that there WILL be a run report. So here it is: the bare necessities... if you ever want to write a run report then just email email@example.com to volunteer.
Key fact of the run: there were cows... everywhere. Thanks for your patience in being marshalled around them.
The hero volunteers this week were: Joanna ANGELL, Christian BALL, Matt BEATTY, Daniel BENNETT, Clive COHEN, Andy COLLINGS, Oscar DALE, Sam EVANS, Lucy HUXTABLE, Ross LAMBERT, Anna LAST, Paul MCCORMACK, Clare MURPHY, Richard MURPHY, Tom SAWYER, Matt WADE.
The Tring SuperComputer (tm) stats are:
- 16 junior female runners is the second highest ever number of junior females
- In the last two weeks, in total, 10 junior females ran their 1st parkrun – the highest this has been over a two week period
- 4 PBs in 4 weeks for Clive Scales
- 2 PBs in 2 weeks for Alison Ashall and Sheila Turner
- Congratulations to Mia, Anna, Steven and Ross – the 1st time we have had 4 runners in minute 48
- Mairead O’Rourke - the 5th female in a sequence of 13 weeks of females setting the highest age grade percentage - the men just aren't trying hard enough.
- Tring parkrun #107 was a namefest - it was the first time we have seen 4 Annas, 4 Daniels, 4 Georges, 2 Christophers (but no Wes this week!)
- First time we have seen the names Malcolm, Lilly, Nell, Oli, Taylor and Mia - we hope to see you all again soon.
- But there were some commoners too - it was the 100th time we have seen the name 'Robert' and 50th time we have seen a 'Ross' and a 'Craig'.
- It was the first time since Dec 2014 (and only second time ever) that there was no appearance by the Surname 'Evans'.
- The biggest improvements by those who have run at least five times were from Magnus Allan (1:34), William Crane (1:12) and Ian Hylton (0:48)
- New clubs this week included Taff Ely Triathlon and Springfield Striders RC
- Juniors, Jonny Dance and Ollie Houlding both earn their 10th parkrun t-shirt. Cleverly Jonny also managed to finish 10th on this 10th run
- Cathy Bishop was our most experienced parkrunner – she impressively finished 101st on her 101st parkrun
Remember: it's a run, not a race. But if you're into that kind of stuff, here are the results and points tables with just a week to go.
Male placings: Kevin Donald FIELDING (VM45-49) of Tring RC, was first over the line in 20:15 - first time in 15 appearances. Graham WARBY (VM35-39) (Unattached) was second over the line in 20:18. Chris BOOTH (JM15-17) (Unattached) was third over the line in 20:36 - was first to finish once before.
Current standing in the Men's annual points competition: Paul MYATT (Unattached) 6605 pts. Dominic VEAL (Unattached) 6394 pts. Paul MCCORMACK (Unattached) 4914 pts. - Paul now can't be passed. Congratulations Paul.
Female placings: Mairead O'ROURKE (VW35-39) of Chiltern Harriers AC, was first (4th overall) over the line in 20:47 - 5th time in 8 appearances. Alice KELWAY-BAMBER (SW25-29) (Unattached) was second (43rd overall) over the line in 25:35. Louise BROOKES (VW40-44) (Unattached) was third (48th overall) over the line in 26:02.
Current standing in the Women's annual points competition: Isobel BLADEN (Tring RC) 6261 pts. Louise BLADEN (Tring RC) 6216 pts. Lorraine HURFORD (Tring RC) 5392 pts. - All still to play for here in the battle of the Bladens!
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores: Mairead O'ROURKE (VW35-39) was graded 72.17% for the time 20:47 (4th overall). Tim KELLY (VM60-64) was graded 71.96% for the time 22:53 (21st overall). Kevin Donald FIELDING (VM45-49) was graded 71.69% for the time 20:15 (first overall).
This week there were 172 runners, of whom 22 were first timers and 34 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 13 different athletics clubs took part.
Here's hoping for a better run report next week.
See you on Saturday.