Many local parkruns have already cancelled due to snow and ice.
We carried out a walking review or our winter route and believe we can go ahead BUT it's a close call and we will review again tomorrow at 7am and post a final decision on our Facebook page at 8am.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING
If we go ahead.....
- Access to the park over the "curly" A41 bridge is already very icy, as are the steps up from Hastoe Lane. Take extra care.
- The parkrun route is quite slippy in places (although not icy) and takes a lot more energy than usual to run/walk.
- We strongly recommend the use of trail shoes or other running/walking shoes with deep tread and/or good grip.
- Please arrive EARLY and please make a point of listening to the briefings.
- The Museum Car Park on Hastoe Lane will be closed (it's very icy) so please arrive on foot and/or car share AND please allow time to park in the town and walk up to the park.
- Because of the conditions there will be no Pacers tomorrow.