All parkrun events in this country are currently suspended due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). For further details please see here
The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is in Upton Court Park, Upton Court Road, Slough and run on grass, gravel paths and tarmac. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Upton Court parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Upton Court parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
The course at Upton Court parkrun is made up of two laps. The first lap is the longer one and takes in the far field. The second lap is shorter and goes straight down the tarmac road. Starting off on the grass next to the path, follow the wild flower beds on the right to the end of the field. Keeping within the park turn left and follow the hedgerow/fence. At the end of the field, turn left by the tree onto the tarmac road. Head down to a right turn (by another tree) onto the field behind the school (orange line). Go to the edge of the field then turn left and left back to the road where the 2km marker is. Turn right taking care going through the gap in the barrier followed by a left turn along the cycle path. Continue along the path and back to the start area to commence the 2nd lap. Repeat the first lap omitting the field behind the school and following the red line straight on down to the gate.
Please use the FREE car park on Upton Court Road (SL3 7LX) where there are plenty of spaces. The start area is a 3-5 minute jog across the field to the Slough RFC clubhouse.
Location of startThe run starts on Upton Court Park in the field beside the Slough RFC clubhouse. Please use the FREE car park on Upton Court Road (SL3 7LX) where there are plenty of spaces. The start area is a 3-5 minute jog across the field to the Slough RFC clubhouse. Please do not use the Slough RFC car park off Kings Reach.
Getting there by public transportFrom Slough bus station, bus numbers 76, 81 and 58 take you along the A4. Get off the bus at the junction of Wellington Street/A4, cross the road and head towards Upton Court Road.
Getting there on footThe park is situated on Upton Court Road, Langley, Slough. Access to the park is from Upton Court Road
Getting there by road
From M4 (Junction 5) : Head towards Langley on the A4. After about 1 mile, turn left at the traffic lights onto Upton Court Rd. Follow the road around and go over the next roundabout. The entrance to the car park is half a mile down on the left just past the pedestrian crossing.
- Please use the FREE car park on Upton Court Road (SL3 7LX) where there are plenty of spaces. The start area is a 3-5 minute jog across the field to the Slough RFC clubhouse.
- Please do not use the Slough RFC car park off Kings Reach.
Post Run Coffee
Each week we go for post-parkrun refreshments at The Rugby Club - please join us!