Subject to the Government Covid Roadmap allowing it, it is hoped that parkrun will restart on Saturday 26th June - 1 month from today!
The core team at Upton Court have been preparing for the return, and are looking forward to welcoming you back.
Here are a few things to know in the meantime:
- As a new cycle path has been created at the top of the park, and some new extra wildflower beds dug and planted, we have had to alter our course slightly up the slope and in the North East corner of the park. The new course map and details can be seen on our webpage. course | Upton Court parkrun
- We have received new branded hi-viz vests for the volunteers.
- We have been donated a portable defibrillator by Heathrow Airport.
- Joanne will be returning to make us teas, coffees and snacks.
- Instead of using the old stopwatches and barcode scanners, we will be moving to using the parkrun Virtual Volunteer App for both timing and scanning. This app is used in several countries (and many UK parkruns) already and is easy to use. Maybe now is a good time to download the app from the Apple Store or Google Play Store onto your smartphone and have a look and play. The following links to short YouTube videos show simply how scanning and timing is done using the app.
parkrun Virtual Volunteer App - Scanning - YouTube
parkrun Virtual Volunteer, - Timing - YouTube
If you would like a more detailed look at how the app works, this longer video is very useful. How to use the parkrun virtual volunteer app - v2.0 (QR code addition) - YouTube
We know that you will all be raring to go on 26th June, but we will need volunteers to make it happen. Don't contact us yet, we will send out a call for volunteers once parkrun HQ have decided that we will be definitely returning. The expected decision date is around 11th June.
For now, think about when you might be able to volunteer, and download the parkrun Virtual Volunteer App.
The Core Team