As usual on a Friday, we will all be looking forward to our weekly parkrun dose tomorrow morning. Despite the recent bad weather, and after inspecting the park and course today, we are intending to go ahead with our parkrun tomorrow (Feb 2nd). That is unless we get a lot of snow and/or we get a massive drop in temperature overnight. However, neither of those are in the forecast. Please look out for any Facebook and Twitter posts re cancellations tomorrow morning.
If you do come to run tomorrow:
- Please take extreme care whilst running/walking
- Please use the grass to the sides of paths rather than the paths wherever possible. It is likely to be very muddy, and the paths may be slippery
- DO NOT RUN FAST!!! Anyone who gets a PB will have their result removed (Only joking, but please don't run fast!)
- Listen carefully to the pre-run briefing, and to the marshals
- Take your shoes off BEFORE entering the main clubhouse room
We know that so far Black Park and Bedfont Lakes parkruns are both cancelled. As we expect a lot of extra runners to come here instead, we ask that you please use the large FREE car park next to Long Close School (Sat Nav SL3 7LU) or you can park along most of Upton Court Road. Please do not use the Rugby Club car park, due to the high numbers of runners expected, the finish funnel having to be extended and having to use the tarmac rather than the grass. There will be very limited space at the Rugby Club, and we will not be letting cars park on the grass. You will be turned away.
Set off in good time, and drive and park carefully.