The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Ury Riverside Park, Inverurie. The course is run on a mixture of tarmac paths and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
Ury Riverside parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the event as safe as possible, so participants, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces – whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with one dog by your side, within reach at all times, on a short, handheld, non-extendable lead. Please also see this Support Site entry for further details about parkrunning with dogs.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Ury Riverside parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThe route consists of one short loop followed by one long loop, finishing beyond the starting point.
The Inverurie Garden Centre has a café as well as a children’s play corner.
Location of startThe event starts in Ury Riverside Park.
Getting there by public transport
- The nearest bus stop is located 0.2 miles away at Inverurie Town Hall.
- The no.10 Stagecoach bus (Inverness to Aberdeen) stops at Nairn, Elgin, Keith and Huntly.
- The no. 37 Stagecoach bus (Aberdeen to Inverurie) stops at Blackburn and Kintore.
- The no. 421 Stagecoach bus (Alford to Inverurie) stops at Monymusk and Kemnay.
Getting there on footFrom town/city centre: Walk south-east on Market Place towards the B9001/ B9170. Take a sharp left onto Market Place and continue on this road onto Oldmeldrum Road.
Getting there by roadIf using Sat Nav, the postcode for Inverurie Garden Centre is AB51 0TP.
Parking is available at Inverurie Garden Centre, there is a three hour maximum stay. Leaving the garden centre on foot, exit the carpark heading north onto Oldmeldrum Road towards Inverurie Retail Park, continue on this pavement, passing the entrance to the retail park, crossing the road, the entrance to the park is on the left.
If parking in the town centre: Walk south-east on Market Place towards the B9001/ B9170. Take a sharp left onto Market Place and continue on this road onto Oldmeldrum Road.