From 2nd April 2022, parkrun HQ have announced that we are to implement a new dog policy, which will affect some of our current participants.
It is appreciated that this is a substantial change of policy, and parkrun HQ will be publishing a blog article which will provide the reasoning behind this new policy. The main points that we believe concern us at Wanstead Flats are:
- One dog per person, whether walking, jogging, running or volunteering.
- It is not permitted to participate with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Keep your dog on a lead by your side & within arms reach throughout the event.
- Short hand-held non-extendable leads only – no waist harnesses.
- When taking part with a dog please position yourself at the start according to ability.
- if your dog is prone to barking please stand back at pre-event briefings, so that all can hear announcements clearly.
February is just around the corner and with it our very belated 500th event ...
Just wanted to say thank you to all the excellent volunteers who helped make New Year’s Day parkrun happen. I did some tourism on Saturday to your parkrun and had such a lovely time. It was so well run and everyone was so welcoming and friendly!
Thanks so much and happy new year!
The second phase of car park charging to the majority of the Forest's remaining car parks is scheduled for 22 November 2021.
This includes the Harrow Road car park used by Parkrun
Charges will apply every day (Monday - Sunday) - during car park opening hours (Currently 8am to 5pm):
Up to 1 hour: £1.50
Up to 2 hours: £2.50
2 – 4 hours: £4.00
Free for Blue Badge holders clearly displaying a valid badge
Free for Motorbikes
Payment will be accepted through the RingGo car park system. Full details and instructions are available within the car park and on RingGo's guide page.
Please note there will be a charge to use the carpark from November - likely to be £1.50-£2