Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Victoria Park, Knutsford Road, Warrington. The course is run on a mixture of tarmac paths, trail paths and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Warrington parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Warrington parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThe course starts from inside Victoria Park Warrington by the short path to the skate park. It is an out and back route.
Heading out you will complete a 1km loop following some of the beautiful (tarmac) paths inside the park. After the first kilometre loop you will then head out of the park, turning right onto the Black Bear Path (tarmac). Continue along the Black Bear Path passing under three bridges before leaving the trail on the left. A small slope then takes you up onto an open field. On the field you turn immediately left, running past the play area towards the corner of the football pitch near the small carpark. Here you turn and head straight up the side of the football pitch to the top left hand corner of the field and the gap through the wood. Turn right onto the Trans Pennine Trail (tarmac). The trail then takes you alongside the Manchester Ship Canal, brilliant views and you may even get to spot a boat. Turning right at the end of this section you will now be on the back inward kilometres of the route. Heading straight on and back under the three bridges towards Victoria Park. Making a left turn back into Victoria Park, shortly after the last bridge you then rejoin the parks paths you ran during the first kilometre. The finish line, at the blue seating area, is in sight as you pass the skateboard area for the last time. You will start and finish the route from roughly the same point.
The route is only slightly undulating with most of the running surface being tarmac, this will make for a great personal best course.
- Free Car Park 200+ Car
- Children’s Play Areas
- Open Fields
Location of startThe event starts from inside Victoria Park Warrington next to the car park.
Getting there by public transport
- Warrington Bus Station Interchange, Stand 10
- Warrington Central Station Trains
- Warrington Bank Quay Trains
Getting there on footFrom all train stations and the bus station. Make your way through the town centre to Bridge Foot. Walk up Knutsford Road on the left. Keep the River Mersey Flood Barrier Wall on your left and the main entry to Victoria Park is on the left. This is just 10/15 minutes walk from town centre.
Getting there by road
Car SatNav use postcode WA4 1DU
M6 Junction 20: A50 Knutsford Road A5061 Knutsford Road
M56 Junction 9: A49 Winwick Road A49 Mersey Street A5061 Knutsford Road