The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Warwick Racecourse, Warwick. The course is run on a mixture of gravel paths and trail paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Warwick Racecourse parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Warwick Racecourse parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
The start and finish are in the same place adjacent to Warwick Golf Centre. The route is a simple out and back around Warwick Racecourse (one clockwise lap followed by one anticlockwise lap), mostly very flat with a couple of bumps in the middle. The course is mainly on firm gravel paths, with a small section of trail just after the start and just before the finish.
Toilet facilities are available before and after the run at Warwick Golf Centre.
Location of start
The event starts adjacent to Warwick Golf Centre.
Getting there by public transport
Bus: Regular bus services run to and from the town centre. For further information on bus routes and timetables, please visit Warwickshire County Council’s website. Warwick bus station is in Bowling Green Street (CV34 4DG), a 5-minute walk to Warwick Racecourse.
Train: Warwick has two train stations - Warwick and Warwick Parkway. Warwick station is 1 mile away. Warwick Parkway is 1.6 miles away.
Getting there on foot
From Warwick bus station, head north on Bowling Green Street, then turn left onto Linen Street. At the end of Linen Street is a pedestrian entrance to the racecourse.
From Warwick train station, turn right onto Coventry Road. Turn right onto St John’s. Turn right onto Priory Road, continuing onto Northgate. Head out of town on the Saltisford, turn left onto Vittle Drive towards the racecourse.
From Warwick Parkway, turn right at the traffic lights onto Old Budbrooke Road. Continue uphill to Birmingham Road. Turn right and continue over the A46 into Warwick. Turn right onto Vittle Drive towards the racecourse.
Getting there by road
Warwick Racecourse is well signposted and is easy to find. The address is Hampton Street, Warwick.
Four car parks are available close to the start:
- St Mary’s Area 3 (CV34 6HF). Height restriction 2.1m. Free for 2 hours (ticket required)
- St Mary’s Area 2 (Racecourse Car Park), Hampton Road (CV34 6JP). Height restriction 2.1m. £1 for 2 hours
- St Mary's Area 4 (CV34 4UX) - £1 for 1 hour
- West Rock (CV34 4DZ) - £1 for 1 hour
Please use the car parks and don’t park in the residential areas next to the racecourse.
We ask that you follow the instructions on our signs and use only the marked routes to cross the racecourse.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in the Warwick Golf Centre - please come and join us!