The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Wetherby Sports Association, Wetherby. The course is run entirely on grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Wetherby parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- While rare, Lyme Disease is present in areas where deer live, and occasionally passed to human’s through infected ticks. See NHS Choices website for more about Lyme Disease, and how to deal with ticks.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Wetherby parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
A 3 lap course which starts left of the sport centre by a concrete cover. This is a clockwise course. Head along the field keeping the trees on your left until you reach a banking. Continue round the field keeping the river bank on your left and then turn right at the wooden fence. Keep the fence to your left for approximately 50 yards until you reach an opening in the fence (clearly marked) turn left here and head down the field with the fence now on your left side. When the fence line finishes, head right and keep the river bank on your left side. Keep the river bank on your left hand side until you meet a sign to turn you right heading into the middle of the playing fields ? remember to keep between the football and rugby pitches. You will eventually meet another sign to turn you left heading back towards the fence line. Once you reach the fence line, turn left and head 30 yards before turning right into an opening in the fence. Turn immediately left and then right after 10 yards to skirt around the outside of the football pitch before heading towards a lone tree. Keep the tree on your left hand side as you run around it and then follow the marked path to complete the lap. Repeat same for laps two and three.
Toilets, cafe, free parking close by.
Location of start
The run starts left of the sports centre by a concrete cover.
Getting there by public transport
Turn right out of the Wetherby Bus Station, take the first exit at the mini roundabout and then take the next right down to the Sports Association. All below to Wetherby bus Station
- 173 174 Wakefield
- 412 York
- 770 771 Leeds
- 780 Knaresborough
- 823 Heslington (Sun & BH)
- X98 X99 Leeds
- X98 X99 Deighton Bar
Getting there on foot
From the Wilderness Car Park, walk towards the river and through the underpass. Turn right upon exiting the underpass and take the next right down to the Sports Association.
Off Boston Road
Getting there by road
Parking is at the Wilderness Car Park LS22 6RF. Under no circumstances are runners to park at the Sports Association.
From the A1 North and South, take Junction 45 towards Wetherby and continue along the A168 over the bridge. The car park is right at the mini roundabout just before the town centre. Once parked, walk towards the river and through the underpass. Turn right upon exiting the underpass and take the next right down to the Sports Association.
SATNAV postcode is LS22 6RF
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in Wetherby Sports Association - please come and join us!