Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms.
Whitley Bay parkrun - Weekly Free 5km Timed Run
What is Whitley Bay parkrun?
It is a 5km run - it's you against the clock.
When is it?
Every Saturday at 9:00am.
Where is it?
The event takes place at Whitley Bay Links Common (adjacent to the bottom of Monkseaton Drive A1148), Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear, NE26 1SZ. See Course page for more details.
What does it cost to join in?
Nothing - it's free! but please register before you first come along. Only ever register with parkrun once. Don't forget to bring a printed copy of your barcode (request a reminder). If you forget it, you won't get a time
How fast do I have to be?
We all run for our own enjoyment. Please come along and join in whatever your pace!
Whitley Bay parkrun needs you!
It is entirely organised by volunteers - email firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in Di Meo's Cafe at 9 Marine Avenue, close to the War Memorial and public toilets on Watts Slope, in front of the Spanish City Dome. Come and join us on the first floor of this award winning ice cream cafe for either a hot drink and bacon sandwiches at a special rate for parkrunners presenting their barcode - please come and join us!
Thanks to this week's volunteers
Alex FOWLER • Anita LANG • Anne WILSON • Brendan ABBOTT • Carl BROOKFIELD • Charlie THEW • David HOWE • David TIPLADY • Douglas GOWLAND • Elli RHODES • Ernest WILSON • Eve WEDDLE • Gillian MURRAY • Grace CROZIER • Jane CORE • Janice MITCHESON • Jason STIRLAND • Julie A • Julie RYDER • Karen BALDWIN • Kate Elizabeth DYSON • Kathryn Louise ROBERTSON • Mark BALDWIN • Matt GOULD • Nicholas LEA • Paula ABBOTT • Paula REID • Richard JOHNSTONE • Suzanne CROZIER • Vivien STAPLEY
See our volunteer page for details on getting involved in making Whitley Bay parkrun happen.
Whitley Bay parkrun takes place every Saturday at 9:00am.
Other parkruns nearbyRising Sun (3.9m), South Shields (4m), Blyth Links (4.5m), Jesmond Dene (6.9m), Town Moor (8.1m), Leazes (8.6m), Windy Nook (8.8m), Gateshead (9.4m), Newbiggin-by-the-Sea (9.7m), Silksworth (11.5m)
- Don't forget paper barcode! See your initial registration email, your weekly parkrun newsletter, previous results emails, or you can request a reminder email. Phones don't scan, so please bring a printed copy.
- We operate a "No barcode, No result" policy. If you forget your printed barcode, you won't get a time.
- Coming along for the first time? Please make sure you have registered and also read the course description.
- Did you run this week? Check out the results page and news page which includes event reports - we normally update these a day or two after the event.
- Not received your results email? It may be in your spam folder. We've a few tips on our support site to help you.
- You look great! Have a look at the event photos.
- Want to know more? Read about us and the event.
- Our links page connects you to local and national running resources.
- This event is run by volunteers who love running; if you want to join us, find out more on our volunteering page.
- Summary event statistics are at the bottom of every page.
- Any other questions? Read our dedicated support site.