All parkrun events in this country are currently suspended due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). For further details please see here
Whitley Bay parkrun - Weekly Free 5km Timed Run
What is Whitley Bay parkrun?
It is a 5km run - it's you against the clock.
When is it?
Every Saturday at 9:00am.
Where is it?
The event takes place at Whitley Bay Links Common (adjacent to the bottom of Monkseaton Drive A1148), Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear, NE26 1SZ. See Course page for more details.
What does it cost to join in?
Nothing - it's free! but please register before you first come along. Only ever register with parkrun once. Don't forget to bring a printed copy of your barcode (request a reminder). If you forget it, you won't get a time
How fast do I have to be?
We all run for our own enjoyment. Please come along and join in whatever your pace!
Whitley Bay parkrun needs you!
It is entirely organised by volunteers - email firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in Di Meo's Cafe at 9 Marine Avenue, close to the War Memorial and public toilets on Watts Slope, in front of the Spanish City Dome. Come and join us on the first floor of this award winning ice cream cafe for either a hot drink and bacon sandwiches at a special rate for parkrunners presenting their barcode - please come and join us!
Thanks to this week's volunteers
Carl BROOKFIELD • Charlie THEW • Cristina TYLEY • David PEACOCK • Donna VARLEY • Fraser GILL • Gordon ATKINSON • Helen LILLEY • Helen PEACOCK • Jamie THEW • Jane RIDLEY • Jeffrey WALKER • Karen BALDWIN • Katie WARKE • Leah WILLAN • Les THOMPSON • Lisa CHIDLOW • Louise DICKSON • Mark BALDWIN • Nathan WAPPETT • Neil WOOD • Nicholas LEA • Oscar HARTLEY • Paula REID • Rachel WEDDLE • Sarah BOLAM • Sarah CLARKE • Sian PURSEY • Suzanne THEW • Vivien STAPLEY
See our volunteer page for details on getting involved in making Whitley Bay parkrun happen.
Whitley Bay parkrun takes place every Saturday at 9:00am
Please note Whitley Bay parkrun is cancelled on 16/01/21 - See the news page for more detail
Other parkruns nearbyRising Sun (3.9m), South Shields (4m), Blyth Links (4.5m), Jesmond Dene (6.9m), Newcastle (8.1m), Leazes (8.6m), Windy Nook (8.8m), Gateshead (9.4m), Newbiggin-by-the-Sea (9.7m), Silksworth (11.5m)
- Don't forget paper barcode! See your initial registration email, your weekly parkrun newsletter, previous results emails, or you can request a reminder email. Phones don't scan, so please bring a printed copy.
- We operate a "No barcode, No result" policy. If you forget your printed barcode, you won't get a time.
- Coming along for the first time? Please make sure you have registered and also read the course description.
- Did you run this week? Check out the results page and news page which includes event reports - we normally update these a day or two after the event.
- Not received your results email? It may be in your spam folder. We've a few tips on our support site to help you.
- You look great! Have a look at the event photos.
- Want to know more? Read about us and the event.
- Our links page connects you to local and national running resources.
- This event is run by volunteers who love running; if you want to join us, find out more on our volunteering page.
- Summary event statistics are at the bottom of every page.
- Any other questions? Read our dedicated support site.