Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
Whitley Bay parkrun
What is Whitley Bay parkrun?
A free, fun, and friendly weekly 5k community event. Walk, jog, run, volunteer or spectate – it's up to you!
When is it?
Every Saturday at 9:00am.
Where is it?
The event takes place at Whitley Bay Links Common (adjacent to the bottom of Monkseaton Drive A1148), Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear, NE26 1SZ. See Course page for more details.
What does it cost to join in?
Nothing - it's free! but please register before you first come along. Only ever register with parkrun once. Don't forget to bring a printed copy of your barcode (request a reminder). If you forget it, you won't get a time
How fast do I have to be?
We all take part for our own enjoyment. Please come along and join in whatever your pace!
Whitley Bay parkrun needs you!
It is entirely organised by volunteers - email firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in Di Meo's Cafe at 9 Marine Avenue, close to the War Memorial and public toilets on Watts Slope, in front of the Spanish City Dome. Come and join us on the first floor of this award winning ice cream cafe for either a hot drink and bacon sandwiches at a special rate for parkrunners presenting their barcode - please come and join us!
Thanks to this week's volunteers
Anne WILSON • Bec HERDSON • Ben WILLCOX • Carl BROOKFIELD • Carol LEWCOCK • Carolyn DICKSON • Clare O'NEILL • Dale LYSTER • Dave RIPLEY • Ernest WILSON • Eve WEDDLE • Gillian WHITTAKER • Helena MILLS • Ian BASSETT • Jonathan Murphy MURPHY • Judith PARKINSON • Julia BAYES • Karen BALDWIN • Kelly PARKINSON • Laura HEMMER • Les THOMPSON • Michael TIPLADY • Natalie JOLLY • Paul CRAIG • Paula ABBOTT • Paula REID • Penny WILMOTT • Rachel WEDDLE • Samantha HUNTER • Sian SLATER • Steve COLBY • Vivien STAPLEY
See our volunteer page for information on how you can get involved.
Whitley Bay parkrun takes place every Saturday at 9:00am.
Please note Whitley Bay parkrun is cancelled on 30/10/21 - See the news page for more detail
Other parkruns nearbyRising Sun (3.9m), South Shields (4m), Blyth Links (4.5m), Jesmond Dene (6.9m), Town Moor (8.1m), Leazes (8.6m), Windy Nook (8.8m), Gateshead (9.4m), Newbiggin-by-the-Sea (9.7m), Silksworth (11.5m)
- We operate a No barcode, No result policy, so please bring a physical barcode with you.
- Barcodes on mobile phones and other electronic devices will not be accepted.
- If you need to reprint your barcode, please see your registration email, previous results or ‘thanks for volunteering’ email or you can request a reminder email.
- Coming along for the first time? Please make sure you have registered and also read the course description.
- Did you take part this week? Check out the results page and news page which includes event reports - we normally update these a day or two after the event.
- Not received your results email? It may be in your spam folder. We've a few tips on our support site to help you.
- You look great! Have a look at the event photos.
- Want to know more? Read about us and the event.
- Our links page connects you to local and national running resources.
- This event is organised and delivered every week by volunteers; if you want to join us, find out more on our volunteering page.
- Summary event statistics are at the bottom of every page.
- Any other questions? Read our dedicated support site.