The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is in West Park, Wolverhampton. The course is run entirely on tarmac paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Wolverhampton parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Wolverhampton parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
The Course begins at the Bandstand near the Tea Rooms and moves NW past and around the play park onto the perimeter path (150m). Once on the perimeter, runners will complete three laps (1600m each) in the anti-clockwise direction before heading back towards the Tea Rooms at the West Gate entrance (50m).
- Parking: There is free parking all the way around the outside of the park.
- There are public toilets near the start/finish but please note these require a 10p coin for access (although the men's urinal is free).
- Please note that use of the toilets in the West Park Tea Rooms is for tea room customers only.
Location of start
The run starts beside the Bandstand.
Getting there by public transport
Train: The nearest train station is Wolverhampton. From Wolverhampton Train Station, walk across the bridge to the bus station and take bus as below.
Bus: Take the number 25 bus from Wolverhampton Bus Station.
Getting there on foot
The Park is only a 10 minute walk away from the North West side of Wolverhampton City Centre. The park has four main gates, the closest of which to the Bandstand is the West Gate on Park Road West.
Getting there by road
If using SATNAV, the nearest postcode is WV1 4PN.
The Park lies a stone’s throw away from Molineux Stadium of Wolverhampton Wanders FC on the north west side of the ring road (A4150). If you take the A41 West from the Chapel Ash Island on the ring road, travel straight through the junction with traffic lights and then take the 3rd right onto Connaught Road you will reach the Park’s West Gate. There is free parking all the way around the outside of the Park.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in the West Park Tea Rooms - please come and join us!