All 5k events in this country are currently suspended due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). For further details please see here.
The course is 5000m (5K) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is in Worcester Woods Country Park, and run on a variety of surfaces, . Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Worcester parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Worcester parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThe course travels around the Worcester Woods Country Park, starting on the playing field following the perimeter, crossing into the woods following the designated woodland tracks for two laps and finally returning to the playing field to finish outside the Orchard Cafe.
Location of startThe start of the course is situated to the right just inside the main playing field, beyond the children's play area. The coffee shop is on your left hand side as you enter.
Getting there by public transportFrom the city centre, bus number 44 or 32A (stops at the hopsital - walk through)
Getting there on footThere are several pedestrian accesses around the site from Country Hall, Nunnery Wood, Ronkswood and the hospital.
Getting there by roadWorcester parkrun is located at Worcester Woods Country Park, Wildwood Drive, Worcester, WR5 2LG.
From J7 of M5 follow A44 to Worcester (follow the brown and white tourist signs) at the roundabout turn right onto Swinesherd Way then 1st left onto Wildwood Drive.
From J6 of M5 follow A4538 to Evesham, (follow the brown and white tourist signs) turn right at 1st roundabout onto B4636 (to Worcester) then left at the next roundabout (Nunnery Way A4440) and then right at the next roundabout onto Wildwood Drive.
On Saturday free parking is available within the Council Car Park at the top of the road.