This week's parkrun was all about celebrating the achievements of our runners, which really goes to the heart of what parkrun is about. Our morning was kicked off by handing out a nice big stack of junior 10 T shirts (personally I think that these look really cool and wish I was 10 years younger so I could claim one! Ok, a bit more than 10 years then!)- congratulations to Jay, Riley, Jack, Sophie, Andrew, Serena, Louis, Holly, Ellis and James on earning your T shirts, I bet you made your parents really proud!
Saturday was also the day of the 50- clubbers, as 3 more of our regulars ran their 50th parkrun- what an impressive achievement- well done to Darren, Rebecca and Tony. Darren kindly brought some chocolates for us all to tuck in to and I guess the thought of missing out on one spurred him on a bit extra this week as he managed a PB too- well done Darren. The chocolates went down a treat with runners and volunteers alike- it's hungry work all that barcode scanning!
This week we were all rather excited to meet the newest member of the Worcester parkrun family as Annie had brought her rather cute little girl Rosie to meet us all, at just a few weeks old! I hear that Annie is itching to get her running shoes back on and we look forward to seeing you back soon.
With so many announcements I got a bit carried away and forgot to thank all of the volunteers (sorry!), so thank you to Ann, Carole, Chris, Daisy, Darren, David, Derek, Diane, Eddie, Elaine, Ewelina, Graham, Hannah, Jeremy, Jessica, Margaret, Matthew, Michael, Nuala, Patrick, Richard, Richard, Sally and Sian, and a special congratulations to Carole who volunteered for a 50th time this week. Carole, like Ann and Eddie has a corner named after her, which I guess is the volunteering equivalent of getting a 50 T shirt!
Derek got the run underway and it seemed like no time at all until Black Pear Jogger Adam was sprinting down the finishing straight, so fast the guys on finishing tokens had only just reached the funnel themselves! He was followed closely by Michael and Matt. The First Lady Wendy wasn't too far behind, with her doggy for company, and followed closely by Megan who herself is close to bagging that elusive 50th parkrun! Once those first few runners are through the funnel the finishing straight gets that bit busier with runners passing through the funnel every second or so and making busy work for our timers!
A Lovely Covering of Leaves on the Trail the Week!!
Back on the barcode scanning table the dream team were working their usual magic, and keeping the queuing runners entertained as they scanned, but even they couldn't stop some of the finishing tokens going walkies. If you accidentally took yours home we are rather quite fond of them and would love them back!
Runners may have noticed that the results took slightly longer than usual to be sent out this week. This was due to a problem with a server at parkrun HQ, and it was funny thinking of the thousands of parkrunners across the country eagerly awaiting their text/email that morning to no avail!
In case anyone missed the pre-run announcements there will be a Christmas fancy dress parkrun on the 21st December- last year we had some cracking outfits, not forgetting Steve Roode as Mrs Santa! Hopefully we will get some good outfits this year too. There will also be a special parkrun on New Year's Day too- and as a treat this run will start at 10am, giving you an extra hour to work off that hangover!
Thanks Nichola for a great run report and being a brilliant Run Director!! Look forward to seeing everyone next week!! Stats from this weeks run below.- Rich
The Stats Bit
- There were 254 finishers this week
- 247 runners registered there results, leaving 7 as unknown as the #DFYB'd
- There was an average of 10.65 finishers per minute
- In the ten minute period 20:xx to 29:xxx, 162 runners crossed the line 64% of the field, at a rate of 16.80 runners per minute.
- The most popular finishing time were…
- 28:xx with 23 finishers
- 25:xx with 22 finishers
- 24:xx with 21 finishers
Who Were You?
- There were 20 First Timers this week, compared with 32 last week
- There were 12 Second Timers and 8 got a PB! Which is 67%, compared with 77% last week
- The gender split was 60% male, 37% female runners. Last week there was a 58% to 38% split
- The predominant age group was 45-49 with 17% of the finishers who registered
- 36 Juniors under 20, equalling 14%
- 18 in their 20's, equalling 07%
- 51 in their 30's, equalling 20%
- 84 in their 40's, equalling 33%
- 39 in their 50's, equalling 15%
- 16 in their 60's, equalling 06%
- 3 in their 70's, equalling 01%
- 7 Unknowns or #DFYB's, equalling 3%
- There were 26 50+ parkrunners taking part that’s 10% we also had 3 100+ parkrun legend running with us!!
There were 57 PB's this week, compared to 86 last week or a -34%change
12 runners finished in a sub 20 min time
- Adam JACKSON was the first parkrunner to finish in a time of 17:29
- Michael WATSON was the second parkrunner to finish in a time of 17:53
- Matt ADEY was the third parkrunner to finish in a time of 18:00
- Wendy HOLMES was the first female parkrunner to finish in a time of 20:23
- Megan JUDGE was the second female parkrunner to finish in a time of 20:30
- Julie GERRARD was the third parkrunner to finish in a time of 21:11
- The #1 Age Grading this week was Carol COWLEY with an age grading of 86.69%
- The #2 Age Grading this week was Wendy HOLMES with an age grading of 80.29%
- The #3 Age Grading this week was Ann GRAY with an age grading of 78.40%