Welcome back to Workington parkrun
The period of time, spanning almost a year and a half, has been an extremely challenging one; and all of the event team, here at Workington, want to ensure as safe a return as possible to the thing that may have previously become part of a welcome and expected aspect of your weekly routine. To help us achieve this, parkrun UK have ensured that the majority of the recording processes are now entirely hands-free. What remains an essential element of the parkrun code is that Runners and Walkers bring their Barcode (on paper, wristband or key fob format).
Don't Forget Your Barcode.
In addition, Workington parkrun has considered and tested its processes, prior to Saturday 24th July. This has resulted in need to adhere to a few basic guidelines in the first weeks, some of which will gradually return to previous practice when it is safe to do so. Please adhere to the following until further notice:
- Please park in designated car parks (Allerdale pay and display). We do not, as yet, have access to Workington leisure centre to enable free parking or use of their toilets. Further (1 hour) disc parking is available in Workington town centre, where easy access to the parkrun start area is available via the steps by Wilko/Gala Bingo building. A relatively new private (pay and display) car park is sited next to Workington police station. Limited free parking is available alongside the River Derwent, on a minor road, just off the beginning of Workington bridge as you proceed out of town.
- Please arrive to the start in timely fashion, maintaining effective social distance as the start is assembled.
- The first timers brief will be clearly flagged and signalled when it is about to begin.
- The starting brief will be brief! Please remain quiet to ensure all instructions are heard.
- On return throught the finish funnel Please keeping moving; Hold out a hand for your postion token; You will be directed to the scanning team; Hold out your personal barcode to be scanned (in paper, wristband or key fob format); Hold out your Position token to be scanned; Drop the token in a bucket; You will then be directed toward any belongings and away from the start/finish area.
- Please avoid congregating.
- We will aim to return to our Sociable after-run gathering very soon; but in the meantime, we will not be gathering at Workington Cricket club