All parkrun events in this country are currently suspended due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). For further details please see here
The course is 5000m (5K) long. It's run in Wormwood Scrubs Park, Shepherd's Bush, London on a mixture of grass and woodland tracks. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Wormwood Scrubs parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Wormwood Scrubs parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
The course is a 2 lapper entirely on grass and open scubland. Starting by the car park, the route heads north through the middle of the park before turning left when reaching the north boundaries. It then follows the edges of the park back past the prison before arriving back at the start.
Location of startIf you arrive before 8.55 we meet at the finish indicated by the red marker on the map. This is directly north of the car park for the Linford Christie Stadium. If you arrive after 8.55 head straight to the start indicated by the green marker. This is half way along the path which runs parallel to the prison. If you have a bag you want to leave, please plan to leave it at the finish.
Getting there by public transportBy Bus:
to Scrubs Lane: 220
to Du Cane Road: 7, 70, 72, 272, 283
By Tube: East Acton (Central Line), then walk Erconwald Street until you reach the Park. There is a footpath along by the prison. White City (Central Line) then walk north on Wood Lane or on the bus routes listed above.
Getting there on footThe course and the start are situated just behind Hammersmith Hospital off Du Cane Road.
Getting there by roadWormwood Scrubs is located in the north-eastern corner of the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham in West London/White City. It is very close to the shopping Centre Westfield which is indicated frequently when you get to London. For satnav users, enter W12 0DF Parking is available.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at the Thames Valley Harriers clubhouse at Linford Christie Stadium when open (or if not, at Coffee Cup Cafe, 22 North Pole Road, London W10 6QL) - please come and join us.