Following a week of sleet, snow and rain the mud was most definitely back at Wormwood Scrubs this morning as exactly 50 runners joined us for our 293rd event. A balmy 1 degree weather with a cool wind meant a chilly run with most dressed in long sleeves and long legs.
A special thank you this week to Tilly Brodie, from Hampstead parkrun, who became our first official tail runner. It is now mandatory for parkrun to have a tail runner, which means we are on the hunt for an additional volunteer each week.
Our weekly run can only happen thanks to our volunteers giving up their time so please do help if you can. All tasks are easy and fun and you will wear an achievement glow for the rest of the weekend.
Massive thank you to this week's volunteers - in additional to Tilly keeping things safe at the back of the pack, Doug was a great scanner, Fran timed and too pics, Peter took the course down after Craig and Nick had set it up, Charlie (that's me) wrote this, Paul handed out the finish tokens and the Brydsons handed out the tea (don't forget to switch the urn on next week Marion!) Looking after all of us and sorting out the results was run director Benny Le Roo.
So, to the results - male placings:
- An unknown runner was first.
- Karl STANSBIE (SM30-34) (Unattached) was second over the line in 19:34.
- Charles CRAVEN (VM50-54) of Fulham RC, was third over the line in 20:05.
Current standing in the Men's annual points competition and boy is it close!
- Nick MICHAEL (Thames Valley Harriers) 2351 pts.
- James MALCOLM (Thames Valley Harriers) 2341 pts.
- Craig GUNN (Unattached) 2120 pts.
- Beth TAYLOR (SW20-24) (Unattached) was first (11th overall) over the line in 24:26 - first appearance.
- Andrea BROUGHTON (VW50-54) of Thames Valley Harriers, was second (16th overall) over the line in 25:14 - has been first to finish on 29 previous occasions.
- Sacha KEMP-POTTER (VW45-49) (Unattached) was third (18th overall) over the line in 25:16.
Current standing in the Women's annual points competition and we may be five months out but Kirstie is looking fresh for the double!:
- Kirstie TEW (Thames Valley Harriers) 2171 pts.
- Charlie LE ROUGETEL (Thames Valley Harriers) 1697 pts.
- Lan-Lan SMITH (Unattached) 1685 pts.
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
- Charles CRAVEN (VM50-54) was graded 75.85% for the time 20:05 (third overall).
- Andrea BROUGHTON (VW50-54) was graded 68.10% for the time 25:14 (16th overall).
- Karl STANSBIE (SM30-34) was graded 66.10% for the time 19:34 (second overall).
This week there were 50 runners, of whom 8 were first timers and 9 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 6 different athletics clubs took part.
There were no milestones celebrated this week, but Andrea Broughton is just four away from her 100th and Peter Jordan is three away from his 150th!
Good luck to all the TVH runners at Trent Park this afternoon!
See you next week.