Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. It's run at Parrin Lane, Salford and run on a combination of firm gravel path and woodland trail. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Worsley Woods parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- The course includes a flight of uphill steps that may be unsuitable for buggies. Please contact the team in advance for further information.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Worsley Woods parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionRun starts with a flat mile along loopline from Monton running towards Worsley Woods, a small loop of the varied terrain of the Woods, then a final fast mile and a half back to the finish
Please Note: The course includes a flight of uphill steps that may be unsuitable for buggies. Please contact the team in advance for further information.
Location of startLoopline footpath adjacent to Worsley Golf Club
Getting there by public transportBus:
- Bus 33 from Manchester Piccadilly to Eccles.
- Bus 22 from Swinton to Bolton. For both, the Bus stop is Monton Green /Monton Church.
Train: Train to Patricroft, Eccles. From the Train station: exit station onto B5231 and follow road to the end( 0.5 mile) arriving at Monton Church
Getting there on footFacing Monton Church, the entrance to the loopline footpath is on the left, you will see Red railings which lead you up a slope to the entrance- continue down this path 100m for the start line. It is signposted Cycleway number 55
Getting there by roadNearest postcode is M30 8AR - free parking is available as shown on the course map. From M60 Junction 13:
- Take Barton Rd/B5211
- Turn left onto Parrin Ln/B5229
- Immediately before roundabout turn left into car park From East Lancs:
- Take A580 exit for Worsley
- Turn 1st left B5231 Folly Lane
- Continue onto B5229 Monton Green
- Straight across roundabout
- Turn right into car park