Major incidents do occur at parkruns and while we are well-equipped at Wycombe Rye (defibrillator & first aid kit, trained first aiders, etc) there are additional steps that participants can take to ensure that appropriate action can be taken swiftly and effectively.
Firstly, do NOT use a pseudonym - false names are not allowed by parkrun and where identified, will be removed from the results. Should you be unlucky enough to be involved in an incident, we do need to know your real name. Please go to your profile, change it to your real name and print out a new barcode.
Secondly, if you are a runner that registered with parkrun some time ago you may be unaware that it is possible to record your ICE details as part of your personal parkrun profile.
We strongly encourage you to update your profile with your ICE details if you haven't done so already.
To update your profile:
1. Click on the "Manage my Profile" link which you'll find towards the bottom of any recent parkrun results e-mail.
2. Choose the "Update" link at the top of the list
3. Please add the name of the person who should be contacted in case of emergency
4. Please add the telephone number of your emergency contact.
5. Please add a note of any medical conditions that should be known about; if you don't have any, please type "None".
6. Click on "Please Alter" to save your changes.
7. Go back to the same results email and click on the "get your barcode" link, then print off a new one and use it straight away. Thank you