The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Wyre Forest Visitor Centre, Bewdley. The course is run on a mixture of trail paths and tracks. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Wyre Forest parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Wyre Forest parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
Following some of Wyre's way marked trails, this one lap anti-clockwise course is a loop which runs through the depths of the beautiful Wyre Forest following fully signed tracks and paths. The scenic undulating course starts and finishes near to the Visitor Centre.
See the Forestry Commission website
for the event location and things to do.
Car Parking is available as you enter the site and is Pay and Display £3
for one hour, £4 for 2-4 hours, £5 all day. You can also purchase an annual
Discovery Pass (currently £30 per year) which supports the forest and
includes free parking. Further details are available on the Forestry
Toilets are situated within the Visitor Centre area, to the left of and just behind the Forest Cafe. There is an outdoors children's play area, picnic area and smaller forest trails suitable for walkers (pushchairs welcome) and trails also suitable for cyclists and horse riders. Orienteering available at an extra cost.
There are also GoApe Adventure facilities here which feature zip wires and tarzan swings etc. http://goape.co.uk/days-out/wyre.
Location of start
The run starts near the Wyre Forest Visitor Centre.
Getting there by public transport
Bus: Bus numbers 2L (Kidderminster - Ludlow) and 291 (Tenbury Wells to Kidderminster) will stop at Wyre Forest Visitor Centre. Please visit the Worcestershire Bus website for current timetables.
Train: The nearest train station is Kidderminster, approximately 7 miles away. The trainline website gives details of the station's location and local taxis, hotels etc.
Getting there on foot
There is a bus stop approximately 60m away the Visitor Centre entrance.
Getting there by road
Wyre Forest is located on the A456 Kidderminster to Tenbury Wells road. 3 miles west of Bewdley at Callow Hill.
If using satnav the postcode is DY14 9XQ. The Forestry Commission Visitor Centre is clearly signposted. Car parking is available on site.
If travelling from the North via M5, exit at Junction 3 signposted A456 Kidderminster. Stay on the A456 all the way until you reach Wyre.
If travelling form the South via M5, exit at junction 6, signposted Worcester North A449. Stay on A449 and follow signs for Kidderminster and then Bewdley and stay on the A456.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in the Forest Café - please come and join us!